Beihua University Faculty of Medicine

FAQ about Beihua University Faculty of Medicine, China

1. I really want to study at your University, but I can’t speak Chinese, can I be instructed in English?

Answer: The program is fully English medium program.
2. How is the living standard in Jilin City? What about the canteen in the University?
Answer: The living expense here is relatively low, for example, about 100 USD for your food per month. The canteen in the school is good and you can choose different taste of food from different canteens.
3. How can I arrive in Jilin city, the location of University?
Answer: International students can transit from Changchun Longjia International Airport to the University. If there is no direct flight to Changchun, the recommended flight is transit from Beijing to Changchun (around 2 hours), or transit from Shanghai to Changchun (around 2.5 hours). Students can choose the travel route according to their location.
4. Can you send a vehicle to take us from the airport to the University?
Answer: Sure, we can provide airport pick up service for the students from airport - Changchun Longjia International Airport to campus. But students should send detailed departure schedule to our college’s representative minimum 3 days in advance so that we can pick up without any delay. International students also should pay for transportation expenses by themselves around 180 CNY. Airport Pick-up Service is only available during on-duty hours in Registration time.
5. How can I exchange some Chinese currency for my pocket money when I just arrived in China?
Answer: Students can exchange some Chinese currency in bank for shuttle/bus ticket fare and pocket money in the big international airport when they arrive in China. And students can buy telephone card from business counter in the airport to give international call and domestic call if students need.
6. How are the transportation, telecom and internet in Jilin City?
Answer: there is one train stations and many buses to many cities in China. There are convenient public facilities for telecom and internet, you can buy telecom card to call in any time and there are lots of internet pub for going on internet.
7. How is the climate in Jilin City?
Answer: Jilin City has a four-season, monsoon-influenced, humid continental climate. Winters are long (lasting from November to March), cold, and windy, but dry. Spring and autumn are somewhat short transitional periods, with some precipitation. Summers are hot and humid, with a prevailing southeasterly wind. And average temperature is 3.9 °C (39.02°F).
8. How is China’s medical education ranking in the world?
Answer: China’s medical education ranks 4th worldwide.
9. Can a student open a Bank Account? 
Answer: Yes, a student could open a bank account in his name to keep his surplus money safe. He could also use this account to have his family remit any additional money as required.
10. Is learning Chinese language compulsory? 
Answer: Even though the program is taught in English, but international students must study Chinese language according to Ministry of Education, China. Chinese language classes are just offered in the first two years, three times per week, and international students are required to pass the basic level. From the third year, some clinical classes will be taken in hospital; students need practice with Chinese patients, so students need to know basic Chinese language.
Besides, it will be helpful for students in daily life if they learn some Chinese language
11. What is the voltage used in China? 
Answer: The voltage here is 220 V. Converters and power strips may be purchased locally.
12. Useful public contact number in China:
Fire: 119
Police Station: 110
Time Report: 12117
Telephone Directory: 114
Telephone Repair: 112
Emergency Ambulance: 120
Earthquake Advisory Service: 2042691
The final information is subject to the University If there is any discrepancy!