China University of Petroleum (Huadong)
中国石油大学 (华东)

FAQ about China University of Petroleum (Huadong)

1. I really want to study at your University, but I can’t speak Chinese, can I be instructed in English?

Answer: The program is fully English medium program. 

2. How is the living standard in Qingdao city? What about the canteen in the University?
Answer: The living expense here is relatively medium, around 150USD for food cost per month. There are 3 canteens for international students to choose. 
3. How can I arrive in Qingdao city, the location of University?
Answer: If there is no direct flight, the recommended flight is transit from Hong Kong to Qingdao (around 3.25 hours), or transit from Beijing to Qingdao (around 1.25 hours), or transit from Shanghai to Qingdao (around 1.5 hours), or transit from Guangzhou to Qingdao (around 3 hours). Students can choose the travel route according to their location. 
4. Can you send a vehicle to take us from the local airport to the University?
Answer: The University can provide airport pick up service for the students in group from Qingdao Liuting International Airport to campus. But students should send detailed departure schedule to our university’s representative minimum 3 days in advance so that we can pick up without any delay. Airport Pick-up Service is only available during Registration time, If Airport Pick-up service is not available, student may come to university by taxi, or airport bus shuttle. (Chinese currency cash is required).
5. How can I exchange some Chinese currency for my pocket money when I just arrived in China?
Answer: Students can exchange some Chinese currency in bank for shuttle/bus ticket fare and pocket money in the big international airport when they arrive in China. And students can buy telephone card from business counter in the airport to give international call and domestic call if students need. 
6. How are the transportation, telecom and internet settled in Qingdao City? 
Answer: There is one airport, two train stations and many buses to many cities in China. There are convenient public facilities for telecom and internet, you can buy telecom card to call in any time and there are lots of internet pub for going on internet.

7. How is the climate in Qingdao City?
Answer: Qingdao is located in the coastal area in the east of China. It belongs to maritime monsoon climate. The average annudal temperature is about 12.3°C (54.14 °F).
8. How is China’s Engineering Education in the world?
Answer: China is a largest producer of engineering graduates in the world.
9.How is China’s Business and Management Education in the world?
Answer: China has become the second largest economy and this has influential role in the global economy. 
10. Can a student open a Bank Account? 
Answer: Yes, a student could open a bank account in his name to keep his surplus money safe. He could also use this account to have his family remit any additional money as required.
11. Is learning Chinese language compulsory? 
Answer: Even though the program is taught in English, but international students must study Chinese language according to Ministry of Education, China. Chinese language classes are just offered three times per week, and international students are required to pass the basic level. Besides, it will be helpful for students in daily life if they learn some Chinese language.
12. What is the voltage used in China? 
Answer: The voltage here is 220 V. Converters and power strips may be purchased locally.
13. Useful public contact number in China:
Fire: 119
Police Station: 110
Time Report: 12117
Telephone Directory: 114
Telephone Repair: 112
Emergency Ambulance: 120
Earthquake Advisory Service: 2042691
The final information is subject to the University If there is any discrepancy!