Fuzhou University

FAQ about Fuzhou University, China

1. I really want to study at your University, but I can’t speak Chinese, can I be instructed in English?

Answer: The program is fully English medium program. 

2. How is the living standard in Fuzhou city? What about the canteen in the University?

Answer: While living costs in the city are rising, the cost of living can be affordable and even relatively lower than for other major cities. For example, 150 USD per month for your food. Fuzhou University has four comprehensive dining halls that serve standard Chinese food and western food. Fresh meat and vegetables are supplied to those canteens every day. Porridge, soup, noodles and other delicious snacks are provided for students.

3. How can I arrive in Fuzhou city, the location of University?

Answer: If there is no direct flight to Fuzhou, The recommended flight is transit from Hong Kong to Fuzhou  (around 1.5 hours), or transit from Beijing to Fuzhou  (around 2.5 hours), or transit from Shanghai to Fuzhou (around 1.5 hour ), or transit from Guangzhou to Fuzhou (around 1 hour). Students can choose the travel route according to their location.

4. Can you send a vehicle to take us from the local airport to the University?

Answer: Yes, the university can provide airport pick up service for the students in group from Fuzhou Changle International Airport to the university. However, students should send detailed departure schedule to us minimum 3 days in advance so that we can pick up without any delay. Airport Pick-up Service is only available during Registration time. If Airport Pick-up service is not available, student may come to university by taxi, or airport bus shuttle.

5. How can I exchange some Chinese currency for my pocket money when I just arrived in China?

Answer: Students can exchange some Chinese currency in bank for shuttle/bus ticket fare and pocket money at big International Airport when they arrive in China. And students can buy telephone card from business counter in the airport to give international call and domestic call if students need. 

6.  How are the transportation, telecom and internet in Fuzhou City ? 

Answer: Fuzhou is the capital and one of the largest cities in Fujian province, China Its external traffic extends in all directions, including airline, railway and highway, etc. Fuzhou is a railway hub in northern Fujian. The Wenzhou–Fuzhou and Fuzhou–Xiamen Railways form part of the Southeast Coast High-Speed Rail Corridor. Its internal traffic has developed into a system, consisting of subway, city bus, taxi and ferry, etc. There are convenient public facilities for telecom and internet, you can buy telecom card to call in any time. There is internet access in international students’ dormitories and they just need to pay the fees according to their use. There are also lots of internet pubs for going on internet.

7. How is the climate in Fuzhou City?

Answer: Fuzhou has a humid subtropical climate influenced by the East Asian Monsoon; the summers are long, very hot and humid, the winters are short, mild and dry. In most years torrential rain occurs during the monsoon in the second half of May. The monthly 24-hour average temperature ranges from 10.9 °C (51.6 °F) in January to 28.9 °C (84.0 °F) in July, while the annual mean is 19.84 °C (67.7 °F). With monthly percent possible sunshine ranging from 24 percent in March to 54 percent in July, the city receives 1,607 hours of bright sunshine annually. 

8. How is China’s Engineering Education in the world?

Answer: China is the largest producer of engineering graduates in the world.

9. Can a student open a Bank Account? 

Answer: Yes, a student could open a bank account in his name to keep his surplus money safe. He could also use this account to have his family remit any additional money as required.

10. Is learning Chinese language compulsory? 

Answer: Even though the program is taught in English, but international students must study Chinese language according to Ministry of Education, China. Chinese language classes are just offered three times per week, and international students are required to pass the basic level. Besides, it will be helpful for students in daily life if they learn some Chinese language.

11. What is the voltage used in China? 

Answer: The voltage here is 220 V. Converters and power strips may be purchased locally.

12. Useful public contact number in China:

Answer: Fire: 119

Police Station: 110

Time Report: 12117

Telephone Directory: 114

Telephone Repair: 112

Emergency Ambulance: 120

Earthquake Advisory Service: 2042691



The final information is subject to the University If there is any discrepancy!