North Sichuan Medical College

FAQ about North Sichuan Medical College, China

1. I really want to study at your University, but I can’t speak Chinese, can I be instructed in English?

Answer: The program is fully English medium program. 

2. How can I arrive in Nanchong city, the location of University?

Answer: If there is no direct flight to Nanchong, then the recommended flight is transit from Guangzhou to Nanchong (around 2hours10min). 

3. Can you send a vehicle to take us from the local airport to the University?

Answer: Sure, we can provide airport pick up service for the students in group from local airport - Nanchong Gaoping International Airport to campus. But students should send detailed departure schedule to us minimum 3 days in advance so that we can pick up without any delay. 

4. How can I exchange some Chinese currency for my pocket money when I just arrived in China?

Answer: Students can exchange some Chinese currency in bank for shuttle/bus ticket fare and pocket money in big airport when they arrive in China. And students can buy telephone card from business counter in the airport to give international call and domestic call if students need. 

5. How about the transportation, telecom and internet in Nanchong City? 

Answer: there is one airport, one train stations and many buses to many cities in China. There are convenient public facilities for telecom and internet, you can buy telecom card to call in any time and there are lots of internet pub for going on internet. 

6. How is the climate in Nanchong City?

Answer: As with the rest of the Sichuan Basin, Nanchong has a monsoon-influenced humid subtropical climate with high humidity year-round. And average temperature is 17.33 ℃(63.2℉). 

7. How is China’s medical education ranking in the world?

Answer: China’s medical education ranks 4th worldwide.

8. Can a student open a Bank Account? 

Answer: Yes, a student could open a bank account in his name to keep his surplus money safe. He could also use this account to have his family remit any additional money as required.

9. What is the voltage used in China? 

Answer: The voltage here is 220 V. Converters and power strips may be purchased locally.

10. Useful public contact number in China:

Answer: Fire: 119

Police Station: 110

Time Report: 12117

Telephone Directory: 114

Telephone Repair: 112

Emergency Ambulance: 120

Earthquake Advisory Service: 2042691

11. Is learning Chinese language compulsory? 

Answer: Even though the program is taught in English, but international students must study Chinese language according to Ministry of Education, China. International students are required to pass the basic level. Students need practice with Chinese patients, so students need to know basic Chinese language. Besides, it will be helpful for students in daily life if they learn some Chinese language.

12. How is the living standard in Nanchong city? What about the canteen in the University?

Answer: The living expense here is relatively low, for example, about 100 USD for your food per month. There are five canteens and one international student’s dining hall at North Sichuan Medical College. Those canteens provide international students with high quality food.




The final information is subject to the University If there is any discrepancy!