Shenyang University of Chemical Technology

FAQ about Shenyang University of Chemical Technology , China

 1. I really want to study at your University, but I can’t speak Chinese, can I be instructed in English?

Answer: The programs are fully English medium programs.
2. How is the living standard in Shenyang city, Liaoning province? What about the canteen in the University?
Answer: The living expense here is relatively affordable, for example, just about 150 USD for your food per month. There are five canteens for  students with diverse types of food. If you want to get more details, you could click canteen page. 
3. How can I arrive in Shenyang city, the location of University?
Answer: If there is no direct flight to Shenyang city, then recommended flight is transit from Beijing to Shenyang (around 1 hours and 45 minutes), arriving at Shenyang Taoxian International airport or transit from Shanghai to Shenyang (around 2 hours and 20 minutes). Students can choose the travel route according to their locations.
4. Can you send a vehicle to take us from the local airport to the University?
Answer: The university can provide airport pick up service for the students in group from  Shenyang Taoxian International Airport  to campus. But students should send detailed departure schedule to our university’s representative minimum 7 days in advance so that we can pick up without any delay. Airport Pick-up Service is only available on duty hours in Registration time.
5. How can I exchange some Chinese currency for my pocket money when I just arrived in China?
Answer: Students can exchange some Chinese currency in bank for shuttle/bus ticket fare and pocket money in big international airport when they arrive in China. And students can buy telephone card from business counter in the airport to give international call and domestic call if students need. 
6. How are the transportation, telecom and internet in Shenyang City? 
Answer: there is one international airport, abundant and efficient train and bus stations. There are convenient public facilities for telecom and Internet, you can buy telecom card to call any time and there are lots of public Internet club.
7.How is the climate in Shenyang City?
Answer: Shenyang city lies in the North of China and has a monsoon-influenced humid continental climate. The four seasons here are distinctive. The mean annual temperature is 8.39 °C (47.1 °F).
 8. How is China’s Engineering Education in the world?
Answer: China is a largest producer of engineering graduates in the world 
9.How is China’s Business and Management Education in the world?
Answer: China has become the second largest economy and this has influential role in the global economy.
10. Can a student open a Bank Account? 
Answer: Yes, a student could open a bank account in his name to keep his surplus money safe. He could also use this account to have his family remit any additional money as required.
11. Is learning Chinese language compulsory? 
Answer:  International students must study Chinese language according to Ministry of Education, China. Chinese language classes are just offered three times per week, and international students are required to pass the basic level. Besides, it will be helpful for students in daily life if they learn some Chinese language
12. What is the voltage used in China? 
Answer: The voltage here is 220 V. Converters and power strips may be purchased locally.
13. Useful public contact number in China:
Fire: 119
Police Station: 110
Time Report: 12117
Telephone Directory: 114
Telephone Repair: 112
Emergency Ambulance: 120
Earthquake Advisory Service: 2042691
The final information is subject to the University If there is any discrepancy!