Jiangsu University

FAQ about Jiangsu University, China

1. I really want to study at your University, but I can’t speak Chinese, can I be instructed in English?

Answer: The program is fully English medium program.

2. How is the public security situation in the city?

Answer: China is one of the safest countries in the world, while Jiangsu province is developing rigorously with its good geographic advantage and peaceful environment.

3. How about the transportation convenience?

Answer: Zhenjiang is located between two major metropolises, Nanjing and Shanghai, and all road traffics connecting two cities pass the city. You can reach these 2 cities by High Speed Train. 

4.Can you provide airport pick up service to the Campus?

Answer: Jiangsu University can provide airport pick-up for international students in group from Nanjing Lukou International Airport. But students should send detailed departure, transfer arrival schedule to us minimum 3 days in advance so that the university can pick up without any delay. 

5.How is the living standard in Zhenjiang city?

Answer: Zhenjiang is a modern city with booming economy and beautiful landscapes, but living expense for food cost per month is around 100USD. International students will enjoy their life in this city. 

6.How is the accommodation for international students?

Answer: Jiangsu University provides international student’s on-campus accommodation named Overseas Exchange Building (OEB) and the dormitory executes Hotel Style management. The Logistic Service Group takes responsibility for the international students’ accommodation and holds the service concept of “People foremost, Be realistic and pragmatic”. International students will enjoy the well-equipped accommodation in Jiangsu University.

7. Where can International students eat? Where to buy Halal food?

Answer: International students can go to canteens, restaurants, or call for food. There is 1 Muslim Canteen (on the 2nd floor of Fenghuayuan Canteen) offering Muslim food for International students. Besides, public kitchen can also be used for international students to cook delicious food in the dormitory. There are Muslim restaurants near the university middle gate as well.

8. Where is the library and how to use it?

Answer: The new library is the huge building facing the other main university gate. Fourth floor has foreign language books. International students can join the campus tour for new students and know more about the library.

9.How is the climate in Zhenjiang City?

Answer: Zhenjiang is under influences of Asian monsoon and Yangtze River, and enjoys a subtropical climate and distinct seasons. People living in Zhenjiang can appreciate successive beauty of four seasons. The annual temperature of Zhenjiang is 15.4 °C (59.72°F).

10.How about the Internet Access and calling home?

Answer: Wifi is available, but you have to get a campus ID and then use it. IP card, sim card, skype are for calling home. For long distance phone call, you can go to any of your mobile phone business locations and ask for opening this service. 

11. How is China’s Engineering Education in the world?

Answer: China is a largest producer of engineering graduates in the world 

12.How is China’s Business and Management Education in the world?

Answer: China has become the second largest economy and this has influential role in the global economy. 

13. Is learning Chinese language compulsory? 

Answer: Even though the program is taught in English, international students must study Chinese language according to Ministry of Education, China. International students are required to pass the basic Chinese language level. So, international students need to know basic Chinese language. 

Besides, it will be helpful for students in daily life if they learn some Chinese language.

14. Useful public contact number in China:

Answer: Fire: 119 

Police Station: 110 

Time Report: 12117 

Telephone Directory: 114 

Emergency Ambulance: 120 

Earthquake Advisory Service: 2042691 

15. What is the voltage used in China? 

Answer: The voltage here is 220 V. Converters and power strips may be purchased locally. 

16. How can I exchange some Chinese currency for my pocket money when I just arrived in China?

Answer: Students can exchange some Chinese currency in bank for shuttle/bus ticket fare and pocket money in the big international airport when they arrive in China. And students can buy telephone card from business counter in the airport to give international call and domestic call if students need. 


The final information is subject to the University If there is any discrepancy!