Jinan University School of Medicine

FAQ about School of Medicine Jinan University, China

1. I really want to study at your University, but I can’t speak Chinese, can I be instructed in English?

Answer: The program is fully English medium program.
2. How is the living standard in Guangzhou city? What about the canteen in the University?
Answer: The living expense here for food per month is 200USD. There is a Muslim canteen for international students. 
3. How can I arrive in Guangzhou city, the location of University?
Answer: There are many direct flights from all over the world to Guangzhou.
4. Can you send a vehicle to take us from the local airport to the University?
Answer: Sure, we have set up reception station at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport for international students. But students should send detailed information to us minimum 3 days in advance so that the university can pick up in time.
5. How can I exchange some Chinese currency for my pocket money when I just arrived in China?
Answer: Students can exchange some Chinese currency in bank for shuttle/bus ticket fare and pocket money in big international airport when they arrive in China. And students can buy telephone card from business counter in the airport to give international call and domestic call if students need. 
6. How are the transportation, telecom and internet settled in Guangzhou City? 
Answer: there is one airport, five train stations and many buses to many cities in China. There are convenient public facilities for telecom and internet, you can buy telecom card to call in any time and there are lots of internet pub for going on internet. 
7. How is the climate in Guangzhou City?
Answer: Guangzhou is a subtropical maritime monsoon climate, warm and rainy.  The characteristic of this city was sufficient sunlight, long summer, short frost season. Annual average temperature is about 22.8 °C (73 °F), which is one of the Chinese cities with the least annual temperature change in a year. 
8. How is China’s medical education ranking in the world?
Answer: China’s medical education ranks 4th worldwide.
9. Can a student open a Bank Account? 
Answer: Yes, a student could open a bank account in his name to keep his surplus money safe. He could also use this account to have his family remit any additional money as required.
10. Is learning Chinese language compulsory? 
Answer: Even though the program is taught in English, but international students must study Chinese language according to Ministry of Education, China. Chinese language classes are just offered in the first two years, three times per week, and international students are required to pass the basic level. From the third year, some clinical classes will be taken in hospital; students need practice with Chinese patients, so students need to know basic Chinese language.
Besides, it will be helpful for students in daily life if they learn some Chinese language.
12. What is the voltage used in China? 
Answer: The voltage here is 220 V. Converters and power strips may be purchased locally.
13. Useful public contact number in China:
Fire: 119
Police Station: 110
Time Report: 12117
Telephone Directory: 114
Telephone Repair: 112
Emergency Ambulance: 120
Earthquake Advisory Service: 2042691
The final information is subject to the University If there is any discrepancy!