Applied Psychology is an important branch of psychology in the rapid development of psychology. Due to the needs of people in their work and life, related field research of a variety of topics forms psychology discipline. Psychology studies the basic principles of applied psychology; a variety of practical applications of psychology in various fields including industry, engineering, management organization, the consumer market, school education, social life, health care, sports and the military, the judiciary, environment. With the rapid development of economy, science and technology, society and culture, applied psychology has a broad prospect.
The difference between basic psychology and applied psychology: in fact, they are not the same as the research category. The former is mainly from the perspective of individual research, and the latter is based on the perspective of the class analysis. An individual's collection is a class, but in real life, it is often the individual who needs to solve the puzzle. So, from this point of view, the relationship between the two is the existence of the intersection, while each area has its own unique side. So if you want to study, nature is the need to learn basic psychology, then you can continue to study the application of psychology, however, the treatment of different schools of the same problem is different.
2. Major Categories
1) Education and school psychology
2) Clinical and counseling psychology
3) Management psychology
4) Consumption psychology
5) Environmental psychology
6) Legal psychology
7) Industrial and organizational psychology
8) Sports psychology
9) Engineering psychology
10) Rehabilitation psychology
3. Essential Skills
4. Research Direction
1) Social psychology
2) Human resource management
3) Management sociology
4) Social work
5. Training Objectives
Applied psychology trains senior specialized talents who have the basic theory, basic knowledge and basic skills of psychology, can be engaged in the department of education, engineering design department, business, health, justice, administrative management and teaching, management, consultation and treatment, technology development and others.
6. Training Requirements
The students mainly study the basic theory and basic knowledge of psychology; receive the basic training of scientific thinking and scientific experiments in psychology, with good scientific literacy, with the ability to carry out psychological experiment and psychological measurement and the ability to apply psychological theory and technology to a certain related field and solve practical problems.
7. Knowledge and Ability
1) Master the basic theory, basic knowledge and empirical research methods of applied psychology, master the relevant statistics and measurement methods, and have the ability of comprehensive analysis, data processing and computer application;
2) understand the general principles and knowledge of similar programs;
3) understand the relevant policies and regulations;
4) understand the latest development trends and application prospects of applied psychology;
5) Master the ability of data information, document retrieval and use of modern information technology to obtain relevant information; have certain ability of experimental design, creating conditions for the experiment, induction, collation, analysis of the experimental results, writing papers, participating in academic exchanges.
8. Main Subjects
9. Main Courses
General psychology, experimental psychology, psychological statistics, study psychology, social psychology, psychological measurement, industrial psychology, educational psychology, clinical psychology.
10. Practice Teaching
According to the curriculum requirements, it is best to arrange the teaching practice from the first grade; can also be arranged at the high grade, including mental hospital internship, enterprise management practice, and the general arrangement is 10-20 weeks.
11. Similar Programs
Psychology, educational technology
12 Competition Programs
Education, clinical medicine and nursing, human resources
13. Employment Prospects
Employment directions mainly include: intelligence agencies, schools, hospitals and clinics, prisons, human resource department, public security and judicial organs, psychological counseling center, talent market career planning service center need to do crowd psychology analysis of enterprises and institutions and units (analysis of real estate customer consumption psychology, fast moving consumer goods purchase psychological analysis, website users clicking habits analysis, advertisers development needs analysis, etc) and more diversified consulting service establishments. Overall, the employment of graduate students in psychology is still relatively broad.