Applied Statistics program mainly includes two types of professional directions: general statistics and economic statistics, cultivates senior specialized application-oriented talents with mathematics or mathematical and economic literacy, grasp statistical theory and methods, can skillfully use computers to analyze the data, in the enterprises and economic, management departments engaged in statistical investigation, statistical information management and quantitative analysis development, application and management, or engaged in research and teaching at research and education departments.
2. Training Requirements
The students mainly learn the basic theory and method of statistics, mathematical foundation, have good scientific literacy, receive the basic training in the basic theory research, application skills and use of computers, and possess the basic ability of data processing and statistical analysis.
3. Knowledge and Ability
1) With solid mathematical foundation, receive rigorous scientific thinking training;
2) Master the basic theory, basic knowledge, basic method and computer operation skill, have the ability of collecting data, designing the questionnaire and processing the survey data;
3) Know the basic knowledge of related natural science, social science, engineering technology like social economic statistics, medicine and health statistics, biostatistics and industrial statistics, with the initial capabilities of application of statistical theory to analyze and solve the practical problems in the field.
4) understand the development of statistical theory and method and its application prospects;
5) Proficiency in the use of a variety of statistical software package, there is strong statistical computing power;
6) Master the basic methods of information retrieval, document retrieval and using modern information technology to obtain relevant information, with a certain scientific research and practical work ability.
4. Main Courses
Basic courses of mathematics, probability theory, mathematical statistics, operations research, descriptive statistics, sampling survey principle, multivariate statistical analysis, computer foundation, application random process, etc.
5. Practice Teaching
Academic paper, social survey, production practice and graduation thesis, etc
6. Employment Prospects
Applied statistics graduates are mainly engaged in enterprises and economic management departments for statistical investigation, statistical information management and quantitative analysis development, application and management work, or engaged in research and education department for research and teaching work. Specifically, there are financial and insurance sectors, investment, securities and social security agencies; market research, consulting and information industry; national statistical departments; all kinds of companies and other employment channels.