Astronomy is the discipline that studies the structure and development of space celestial bodies and the universe, covering the structure, nature and operation law of celestial bodies. Mainly through the observation of radiation launching to the earth by celestial bodies, to discover and measure their position, explore their law of motion, studying their physical properties, chemical composition and internal structure, energy source and evolution. Astronomy is an ancient science, which has an important position in the history of human civilization.
2. Research Objects
1) Planetary level
2) Star level
3) The level of the galaxy
4) The universe
3. Research Methods
The research objects of the astronomy have a great scale, very long time, extreme physical characteristics, and therefore, it is difficult to simulate the interview room. So the research methods of astronomy mainly depend on the observation. As the earth's atmosphere is opaque to ultraviolet radiation, X rays, and gamma rays, many space exploration methods and techniques have emerged, such as balloons, rockets, satellites, and spacecraft.
Due to the lack of observational information, for the theory of astronomy, astronomers often put forward many hypotheses to explain some astronomical phenomena. Then, according to the new observation results, the original theory is modified or replaced by the new theory, which is also different from many other natural sciences.
1) Common categories: theoretical astronomy, observational astronomy
2) In accordance with the research methods: astrometry, celestial mechanics, and astrophysics
3) According to the observation means: Optical astronomy, radio astronomy, infrared astronomy, space astronomy
5. Training Objectives
Astronomy program cultivates senior professional personnel with the basic knowledge and basic skills in mathematics, physics, astronomy and other aspects; can be engaged in astronomy and related disciplines for research, teaching and technical work.
6. Training Requirements
The students mainly study the basic theory and basic knowledge of astronomy, physics and mathematics, receive the scientific thinking and basic training in astronomical observations, have good scientific literacy, and master the basic skills of the theoretical analysis, data processing and computer application.
7. Knowledge and Skills
1) Master systematic theory and method of mathematics and physics;
2) Master the basic theory and basic knowledge of astronomy, as well as the technical and basic analysis methods of astronomical observation, with the theoretical analysis, data processing and computer applications;
3) understand the general principles and knowledge of similar professional;
4) understand the theoretical frontiers of the development of astronomy and the latest development trends;
5) Understand the science and technology, intellectual property rights and other relevant policies and regulations;
6) Master data information, document retrieval and use of modern information technology to obtain information related to the basic method; has certain ability of experimental design, creating conditions for the experiment, induction, collation, analysis of the experimental results, writing papers, participating in academic exchanges.
8. Main Courses
Mathematics, physics, theoretical mechanics, methods of mathematical physics, electrodynamics, general astronomy, entity astrophysics, stellar physics foundation, introduction to calculation astronomy, etc
9. Practice Teaching
Astronomical observation internship, graduation thesis, etc. the general arrangement is 10-20 weeks.
10. Employment Directions
Astronomy has cross with applied disciplines like space, geodesy, defense; students after graduation can exhibit talents in these areas.