Biochemistry is a necessary subject for the study of life substance by chemical methods and theories. The main task is to understand the chemical composition, structure and chemical changes in the life process, from the early stage of the study of the overall composition of the organism to the precise analysis of various tissue and cell components. Spectral analysis, isotope labeling, X-ray diffraction, electron microscopy and other physical and chemical technology are being used presently to analyze important biological macromolecules (such as proteins, nucleic acids, etc.) were analyzed in order to illustrate a variety of these biological macromolecules and their structural relationship specific.
Biochemistry is the science that studies the chemical basis of the life process. The occurrence and development of the disease is the interference and destruction of the pathogenic factors to the life process. The prevention and cure of the drug is the intervention of the pathological process. Biological chemical by chemical basis of the chemical theory and method study life phenomenon and life process, by exploring intervention and adjustment to illness development mechanism and drug discovery provides essential theoretical basis.
According to different biological objects, biochemistry can be divided into animal biochemistry, plant biochemical, microbiological and biochemical, insects and others.
In terms of the organisms of different tissues or process as the research object, biochemistry can be divided into muscle biochemical, neural and biochemical, immunological and biochemical, biological force energy study.
According to the different materials, it can be divided into protein chemistry, nucleic acid chemistry, and enzyme and so on. To study the chemical of various natural substances called bio organic chemistry. The study of the biological functions of various inorganic compounds is called bio inorganic chemistry or inorganic biochemistry.
Biological chemistry and other disciplines fuse and produce frontier disciplines such as biochemical pharmacology, ancient biochemistry, chemical ecology; or according to the different application fields, biochemistry can be divided into medical biochemistry, agriculture biochemistry, industrial biochemistry, nutrition biochemistry, etc.
3. Research Content
1) Biochemical composition
2) Metabolic regulation control
3) Structure and function
4) Enzyme research
5) Biological membrane and biological force
6) Hormones and vitamins
7) The origin and evolution of life
4. Practical Applications
1) Medical biochemistry
2) Agricultural biochemistry
3) Industrial biochemistry
4) Defense applications
5. Training Requirements
The program students mainly study the basic theory, basic knowledge and experiment, application skills of chemistry and biological science, receive training in scientific thinking and scientific experiment of basic research and applied basic research, and have the basic skills of applied research, technology development and technology management.
6. Knowledge and Skills
1) Master the basic theory and knowledge of mathematics, physics, and computer and so on;
2) Master the knowledge of inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, general biology, genetics, microbiology, biochemistry, cell biology and other disciplines;
3) Understand the general principles and knowledge of similar majors, such as chemical and pharmaceutical, environmental science;
4) understand the science and technology, chemical biology related industries, intellectual property rights and other aspects of the policy, laws and regulations;
5) Understand the theoretical frontier of chemical biology, application prospect, the latest development trends, and the state of chemical biology related industry development;
6) Master the basic ability to obtain relevant information in the field of biological chemistry, literature retrieval and the use of computers and other modern technology;
7) With certain ability of experimental design and creating experimental conditions, induction, consolidation, analysis of experimental results, writing papers;
8) With the ability to participate in academic exchanges.
7. Main Courses
Inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, structural chemistry, bioinorganic chemistry, biology organic chemistry, instrument analysis, polymer chemistry, cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, bioinformatics study introduction, chemical biology, chemical engineering foundation and chemical engineering cartography, chemical experiments, biological chemistry experiment, chemical biology comprehensive experiment, etc.
8. Employment Prospects
The employment prospects of the program are quite bright, students after graduation are suitable to scientific research departments, colleges and universities engaged in research and teaching work; suitable to chemical, pharmaceutical, medical, biochemical pharmacy, biology engineering, inorganic materials, chemical industry, light industry, energy and other industries, as well as the plant of mining companies, business, technology and administrative departments engaged in applied research, technology development and management.