Biotechnology refers to taking modern life science as the basis, combining scientific principles of other basic science; using advanced scientific and technological means, modifying organisms or processing biological materials in accordance with the pre design, to produce the required products of human or achieve a certain purpose.
Biotechnology is the subject that people use microorganisms, plants and animals to conduct processing on material raw materials, to provide products to serve the community's technology. It mainly includes fermentation technology and modern biotechnology. As a result, biotechnology is a new and comprehensive.
Modern biological technology integrates the technologies of many disciplines, like genetic engineering, molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, cell biology, embryology, immunology, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, physics, information science and the computer science and others, which can be used in the research on law of life activities and to provide products for social services.
2. Information Technology
Information technology is a new subject that studies the information acquisition, transmission and processing technology, combining with the computer technology, communication technology, and microelectronics technology, namely, using computer to process information, using modern electronic communication technology in information collection, storage, processing, utilization and related products manufacturing, technology development, information services.
3. from Gene to Drug
Another class of biotech drugs that treat cancer is monoclonal antibodies. The goal of this type of antibody is to target cancer cells with specific molecules. In the fight against cancer, monoclonal antibody as the body's own immune system, but in most cases, the body's own immune system does not cancer cells as harmful cells and block, make cancer cell proliferation in vivo, harm to human life.
The role of monoclonal antibodies is to target cancer cells; cancer cells will be destroyed or immune system to start the immune system to attack cancer cells. Monoclonal antibodies can also become a "smart bomb", carrying radioactive or chemical media, and select cancer cells to attack.
4. Agricultural Biotechnology
Application of DNA biological technology in agriculture is based on the understanding of plant, animal genomics and proteomics.
By making use of specific genes in animals and plants, more crops can be grown with less land, while reducing the use of pesticides. Using biotechnology, crop production can be produced under harsh climatic conditions. Using biotechnology, it can also improve the nutrition and taste of food.
5. Industry and Environment
Biotechnology is applied in industrial manufacturing and environmental management, which is to promote the sustainable development of the industry. Microorganisms are thought to be the natural chemical plant. They are replacing industrial catalysts for the manufacture of chemicals. The application of microorganisms in the industrial production process, so that industrial production becomes clean, efficient and sustainable.
6. Genetic Engineering
Gene engineering refers to creating a new biological lines on the gene level, in accordance with the needs of human design, and then according to the design of a new character and can make the stability of the offspring. Genetic engineering takes very similar approach to engineering design.
7. Modern Technology
Modern biotechnology generally includes genetic engineering, cell engineering, enzyme engineering, fermentation engineering and protein engineering. With the rise of calculation biology, chemical biology and synthetic biology, biological technology of systematic biology develops- that is, systematic biotechnology, including biological information technology, nano biotechnology and synthetic biology technology.
8. Application Prospects
1) Industry: food, material, energy,
2) Agriculture: agricultural and flower production, livestock and poultry production, new areas of agriculture
3) Medicine: disease prevention, disease diagnosis, disease treatment
4) Environmental protection: pollution monitoring, pollution control, comparative advantage
9. Cell Engineering
Cell engineering is based on the principles of cell biology and molecular biology, using cell culture technology, the genetic operation at the level of cells. Cell engineering can be generally divided into chromosome engineering, cytoplasmic engineering and cell fusion engineering.
10. Training Objectives
Biotechnology program trains senior specialized talents with the basic theory, basic knowledge and basic skills of life science and biotechnology systematically, can be engaged in scientific research or teaching in the colleges and universities or research institutions, engaged in biotechnology related applied research, technology development, production management and administrative management and in industry, medicine, food, agriculture, forestry, animal husbandry and fishery, environmental protection, landscape and other industry enterprises, institutions and administrative departments.
11. Knowledge and Skills
1) Master the basic theories and knowledge of mathematics, physics, and chemistry and so on;
2) Master basic biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, microbiology, genetic engineering, fermentation engineering and cell engineering and other aspects of the basic theory, basic knowledge and basic skills test, and biological technology and product development of the basic principles and basic methods.
3) understand the general principles and knowledge of similar professional;
4) Familiar with the policies and regulations of the biotechnology industry policy, intellectual property and biological engineering safety regulations;
5) understand the theoretical frontiers of biotechnology, the application prospects and the latest development trends, as well as the status of the development of biotechnology industry;
6) Master the basic method of data information, document retrieval and use of modern information technology to obtain information related; have certain ability of experimental design, creating conditions for the experiment, induction, collation, analysis of the experimental results, writing papers, participating in academic exchanges.
12. Main Subjects
13. Main Courses
Inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, analysis chemistry, botany, animal science, biochemistry, microbiology, pharmacology, drug analysis, genetics, molecular biology, cell biology, immunology, plant tissue culture, biochemical separation technology, genetic engineering, cell engineering, enzyme engineering, fermentation engineering, etc.
14. Practice Teaching
Teaching practice, production practice and graduation thesis (design), the general arrangement is 10-20 weeks.
15. Employment Prospects
The main employment directions of the graduates are all kinds of biological products companies, most of them are biological pharmaceutical, beverage, food, health care products, etc.
16. Similar Programs
Biology science, biological information science, biological information technology, biological science and technology, plant quarantine, biochemistry and molecular biology, medical information science, plant biotechnology, animal biotechnology, biological engineering, biological safety