Cell Biology is a science which studies the structure, function and the law of life of the cell at the three levels: micro, sub micro and molecular level. Cell biology develops from cytology. Cytology is the study of cell morphology, structure and function, and cell growth, differentiation, evolution and other biological disciplines associated with a branch (especially chromosomes). The physiological function of organisms and all life phenomena, are based on cells as the basic unit of expression. Therefore, regardless of the organism's genetic, developmental and physiological function of understanding, or as a medical basis of pathology, pharmacology, and agricultural breeding, cytology is essential . Cell biology and molecular biology, neuroscience and ecology are the four basic subjects of life science.
Cell biology is a scientific and technological achievement of using modern physics and chemistry, and the concept of molecular biology. It is the core problem of the research of life activity on the cell level. In the disease research and drug development, cloning and stem cell technology is also widely used in the future; the subject has a bright future.
2. Learning Methods
1) Understand the importance of cell biology courses
2) Make the research content of cell biology clear
3) understand the structure and function of the cell from three levels: micro, super micro and molecular.
4) Make learned knowledge associated
5) Closely follow the discipline front; the current hot spots are "signal transduction", "cell cycle control", "apoptosis" and so on.
6) Learn a little history of science and technology, especially the history of biology.
3. Cell Theory
1) Cells are an organism, and all animals and plants are developed from the cell, and are composed of cells and cellular products.
2) Cell is a relatively independent unit, not only has its own life, but also for other common components of the life of the whole.
3) New cells can be generated from the old cells.
4. Research Methods
Cell biology extensively applies the achievements of neighboring disciplines, such as molecular biology method to study the gene structure, changes of biochemistry and molecular biology method to study the chromosomal non histone and their gene activity regulation and control or using immunological methods of cytoskeletal proteins (microtubule protein, microfilament protein, various intermediate filament protein) in the cell distribution and in life activities. Derived from the molecular genetics of recombinant DNA technology and the production of monoclonal antibodies derived from the immune monoclonal antibody technology, has also become a powerful tool for cell biology.
5. Cell Sociology
The content of cell sociology is quite wide, including the mutual recognition of different cells or the same cells, cell aggregation and adhesion, cell traffic and information exchange, the interaction of cells with extracellular matrix, even including the formation of cell populations in tissue differentiation patterns. Because cell sociology is the object of cell population, and some of the problems also need to understand the developmental biology, it is likely that it will become a bridge between cell biology and developmental biology.
6. Characteristics of Bioeconomy Era
1) Promote the industrial revolution and create new economic growth points
2) Promote the medical revolution, to extend the life of mankind
3) Promote the green revolution, to solve the food crisis
4) Create new biological varieties, improve the ecological environment
5) Develop green energy, solve the energy crisis
6) Biological safety is related to national security
7. Development Prospects of Biological Economy
1) Effectively solve the world's problems of today's major difficult disease treatment:
2) Drive the information industry and some special industries such as computer manufacturing industry's landmark revolution;
3) Economic structure change.
8. Main Courses
Cell growth and differentiation, advanced biochemistry, modern research techniques in molecular biology, cell biology techniques, molecular biology research technology, biochemical research technology, proteomics, progress of modern cell biology, molecular immunology principle and technology, etc.
9. Research Directions
1) Cell molecular biology
2) Cell engineering
3) Tumor and protein chip
The directions above carry out research on reproductive development, stem cell differentiation markers, active substance separation, purification and cloning expression, antibody preparation and molecular markers research in basic research; carry out stem cell differentiation, cancer early diagnosis, food inspection, germplasm conservation, environmental assessment and others in the application.