Chemicobiology is the science that studies the chemical basis in the life process. The occurrence and development of the disease is the interference and destruction of the pathogenic factors to the life process. The prevention and cure of the drug is the intervention of the pathological process. Chemicobiology studies life phenomenon and life process through the chemical basis of the chemical theory and method, by exploring intervention and adjustment to illness development mechanism and provides essential theoretical basis for drug discovery.
Chemicobiology takes bioinorganic chemistry, biological analysis of chemical, biological organic chemistry, biochemistry, chemical information science, physics, chemistry and biology and biomimetic polymer materials as the research directions, the directions of development, cultivates specialized personnel with good scientific quality, master the basic theory, basic knowledge and basic skills of chemistry, and receive preliminary training in applied research, technology development, science and technology management.
2. Positive Research Methods
In the positive method, the target biological phenomena are defined for the first time, and then the molecules that cause the phenomenon to be searched are selected from many molecules that are applied. The selected molecules can be attached to certain proteins and inhibit/activate them, causing important modifications, and then the proteins linking to the molecules are examined and studied.
1) Prepared compounds
2) Target phenomenon
3) Target protein
3. Reverse Research Methods
In the reverse method, the target protein is attacked by a chemical substance, which is first classified and then analyzed in vitro function of the target protein by observing the result of the insertion of the relevant chemical.
1) Target protein
2) Development of CDK
3) Purvalanol effect
4) Confirm the bonding
5) Other functions
4. Gene Expression
1) Research methods
2) Positive method research
3) Reverse method research
4) Antisense oligomer
5) RNA intervention
5. Training Objectives
Chemicobiology mainly studies the basic theory, basic knowledge and experiment, application skills of chemistry and biological science, receive scientific thinking and scientific experiment training in basic research and applied basic research, have the basic skills of applied research, technology development and technology management.
6. Training Requirements
The program mainly trains compound applied talents with solid knowledge of chemistry and biology and a wide range of crossing knowledge of chemical biology, with good chemical and biological experimental skills, strong sense of innovation, high comprehensive quality, can be engaged in teaching, scientific research, technological development and management of the chemical biology, chemistry, biology, medicine, material, chemical engineering, environmental protection and other related fields.
7. Knowledge and Skills
1) Master the basic theories and knowledge of mathematics, physics and computer and so on;
2) Master the knowledge of inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, general biology, genetics, microbiology, biochemistry, cell biology and other disciplines;
3) Understand the general principles and knowledge of similar majors, such as chemical and pharmaceutical, environmental science;
4) Understand the policy, laws and regulations about science and technology, chemical biology related industries, intellectual property rights and other aspects;
5) Understand the theoretical frontier of chemical biology, the application prospect, the latest development trends, and the development status of chemical biology related industries;
6) Master the field of chemical biology data query, literature retrieval and the use of modern technology such as computer access to information related to the basic ability;
7) With certain ability of experimental design and create experimental conditions, induction, sorting, analysis of the results of the experiment, writing papers;
8) Master the ability to participate in academic communication.
8. Main Courses
Inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, structural chemistry, bioinorganic chemistry, biology organic chemistry, instrument analysis, polymer chemistry, cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, bioinformatics study introduction, chemical biology, chemical engineering based and chemical mapping, chemical basic experiment, biochemistry experiment, chemical biology synthesis experiment.
9. Practice Teaching
Basic chemistry experiment, general biology experiment, genetics experimental basis, microbiology experiment, experimental cell biology, biochemistry experiment, and the study and practice, including production internship, graduation thesis and so on, the general arrangement is 10-20 weeks.
10. Similar Programs
Chemistry, applied chemistry, molecular science and engineering
11. Employment Prospects
Students after graduation are suitable to scientific research departments, colleges and universities engaged in research and teaching work; suitable to chemical, pharmaceutical, medical, biochemical pharmacy, biology engineering, inorganic materials, chemical industry, light industry, energy and other industries, and factories, mines and other enterprises, business, technology and administrative department door engaged in applied research, technology development and management.