Credit Management is a specialized technology that credit providers conduct scientific management to credit transaction to control the credit risk. The main function of the credit management includes five aspects: credit investigation management (credit file management), credit management, account control management, business account collection management and use credit information database to open up the market or sell credit payment instruments.
Credit management aims at training high-level financial management talents who master the professional knowledge of credit management, a solid theoretical foundation, innovation ability, management ability strong, and familiar with related international conventions and laws, and master the technology of credit risk management, communication and exchanges of in international economic activities.
2. Credit Risk
Credit risk is a kind of risk, refers to the risk in the credit transaction, namely the risk of expired nonpayment of customer. The factors of credit risk are various, including political risk, information risk, business risk, management risk, financial risk and so on.
3. Functions and Target Markets of Credit Management
Credit management refers to that credit providers solve the credit problems in the credit transaction by using the method of management. The main functions of credit management include identifying risk, assessing risk, analyzing risk, and controlling risk effectively on the basis, and use economic and reasonable methods to deal with risks comprehensively.
In the real market environment, the target market of credit management is divided into three parts because of the difference of the main body and form of credit transaction: capital, business enterprise and consumer individual. In different target markets, credit risk characteristics are different, the functions and contents of credit management are not the same.
1) Short-term significance: monitor the collection of customer account receivable, timely treatment of the problems.
2) Long-term significance: to effectively improve the quality of customers.
The purpose of credit management is to balance the profitability of the credit policy and the cost of the credit policy.
Consumer credit management is a technical means to expand credit consumption and guard against credit risk by the professional technology of scientific management. The main functions of consumer credit management are: customer credit investigation, customer credit, account control, business account collection and use of personal credit database to promote credit payment instruments.
7. Enterprise Credit Management
Enterprise credit management includes two parts: credit management of the other party and credit management of oneself. The other party credit management is a professional technology that the enterprise for credit sales object carries out scientific management, the main purpose is for credit risk adverse, increase the success rate of credit. Its credit management is according to the enterprise ontology operating characteristics and business needs, conscious of their own credit of scientific management, to make credit rating in a higher level, thus to obtain loans and investments reduce costs, grasp the initiative.
8. Training Objectives
1) Master the basic principles of management science, economics, management science and technology and the basic theory and method of modern credit management;
2) Familiar with the economic and management of the international credit management practices and related laws and regulations;
3) Master the theory and analysis method of credit management, risk management, credit investigation, credit rating, corporate credit management, management of consumer credit, the credit management of international business, fund management, portfolio design and management expertise, with a strong management to solve the credit problems of basic ability;
4) With strong language and writing skills and interpersonal communication skills;
5) With the collection of information and analysis of research, development and utilization of the basic ability;
6) Master the basic methods of literature search; understand the dynamic development of credit management, with the ability to engage in credit risk management research;
7) With a strong ability to innovate.
9. Main Courses
Credit management, management information system, economic law, market survey and analysis, accounting, financial management, the national credit management system, credit and market risk management, enterprise and individual credit management, credit information database application development, credit evaluation, customer relationship management.
10. Employment Prospects
Credit management jobs include the national government departments, like the ministry of finance, administration of industry and commerce, customs, credit department, financial industry, commercial banks, insurance companies, credit card companies, enterprise credit management departments, research units, institutions of higher learning, credit rating agencies, asset evaluation institutions, accounting firms, the risk management department and the loan department, large enterprises in the accounting and auditing department, risk control department and government supervision department and so on.