Earth Science, one of the seven basic disciplines, is a basic subject that takes the process, change and interaction of earth system (including the atmosphere, hydrosphere, lithosphere, biosphere and space between the sun and earth) as research objects, including geology, geography, and other derivative disciplines.
The scope of the earth science is very wide, including geology, oceanography, meteorology and astronomy. Geology explores the history of the earth and various parts composition, including its evolution and a variety of minerals, the distribution of rock and mineral; oceanography studies the movement of water research, water physical and chemical properties and sea bottom topography; meteorology analyzes atmospheric composition, structure and motion; and about the origin of the earth, the solar system's formation and the celestial body movement, and even the universe evolution, belong to the astronomy research scope.
2. Research Objects
1) The structure of the earth: slide.
2) The structure of the earth: the relationship between the various parts of the earth and their distribution and evolution.
3) The earth material: all kinds of element - mineral - rock - deposit - strata, their distribution and migration and accumulation law
4) Geological events: crustal movement in the earth's surface, such as earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis, folds, faults, etc;
5) Prediction and prevention of geological events in the future
3. Training Objectives
The program trains senior specialized talents who master the basic theory, basic knowledge and basic skills of geographical science, can be engaged in the scientific research institutions, schools, enterprises for scientific research, teaching, management, planning and development and be engaged in administrative departments for management.
4. Training Requirements
The students mainly study the basic theory and basic knowledge of the science of geography, receive training in basic research and applied basic research in the field of scientific thinking and scientific experiments, with good scientific literacy, master basic skills of using maps of remote sensing and geographic information system and resources environment experimental analysis and have the preliminary ability of teaching, research, development and management.
5. Knowledge and Ability
1) Master the basic theories and knowledge of mathematics, physics, and chemistry and so on;
2) Master the basic theory, basic knowledge and basic experimental skills of geographical science;
3) Understand the general principles and methods of similar professional such as resource environment and urban and rural planning management, geographic information system;
4) Familiar with science and technology policy, intellectual property and other relevant laws and regulations;
5) understand the theoretical frontier, application prospect and the latest development trend of geographical science;
6) Master the basic method of data information, document retrieval and use of modern information technology to obtain information related; has certain ability of experimental design, creating conditions for the experiment, induction, collation, analysis of the experimental results, writing papers, participating in academic exchanges.
6. Main Courses
Natural geography, modern geomorphology, environment evolution, economic geography, human geography, geography measurement, measurement of cartography, geographic information system, regional geography and so on
7. Major Practical Teaching
Indoor and field practice, production practice and graduation thesis, the general arrangement is l0-12 weeks.
8. Similar Programs
Geographical science, resource environment and urban planning management, geographic information system, system theory, system science and engineering