2. Research Focus
The key points include the demand for energy, energy pricing mechanism, organizational structure of energy industry, energy’s impact on other industrial structure change trend, energy; research method is introducing stochastic model or a large number of econometric models, such as the random variation of price, random external shocks and so on, even should construct a general equilibrium model which contains the energy production, energy demand and energy price fluctuations.
3. Research Directions
1) The correlation between energy consumption and economic growth.
2) Estimate the energy demand function and establish the research framework of energy demand.
3) Based on the energy pricing system; estimate the energy price volatility equation.
4) Study the industrial organization structure and supply efficiency of the energy industry.
5) Analyze the impact of energy shocks on macroeconomic variables, the benefits and losses caused by price fluctuations.
6) Research on energy import strategy, alternative strategy and national economic security.
7) Establish a computable general equilibrium model including energy, and analyze the energy policy.
4. Main Content
1) The relationship between energy and economic growth (growth rate and growth structure) and social development
2) The relationship between energy and environmental pollution
3) Optimal allocation of energy resources
4) Energy prices and taxes
5) Energy saving and recycling economy
6) Internal and external substitution of energy
7) Energy international trade and oil as a financial product
5. Training Objectives
The program mainly cultivates energy economy talents with strong application skills and research capacity. It combines energy with economy, including the strategic choice of energy, the financing of energy, prediction of energy, organization forms of energy companies, taking energy as the object of study, related to the content of economic management.
Energy economy discipline trains energy economists who master the basic theory and method of economics, management science, energy economics, understand the basic knowledge of energy technology and environmental science, have the ability of being engaged in the study on energy policy, energy and industrial development planning, technical and economic evaluation of energy, source of finance and international energy cooperation and other aspects.
7. Knowledge and Skills
Teaching methods mainly include program study and practice.
1) Have a good quantitative basis, master the basic theoretical knowledge and methods of management science and economics;
2) Master the basic theory and method of energy economics, with the energy structure analysis, energy market analysis, energy supply and demand forecast and other aspects of the ability;
3) Master the professional knowledge of energy strategy and policy, environmental control policy, and energy and environmental industry development plan, and have the ability to work in related fields;
4) Master the knowledge and methods of energy finance, energy project management, energy international cooperation, energy market development, etc., with the ability to engage in the relevant analysis of these aspects;
5) Understand the basic knowledge of energy technology and environmental science and economic evaluation of energy technology and other aspects of the method;
6) Understand the status of new energy and renewable energy resources, understanding related principle and key technology, grasp the progress of the development of new energy and renewable energy policy and related research, with the basic knowledge and ability of working in the field.
8. Main Courses
Energy economics, macro and micro economics, econometrics, environmental economics, operations, finance, technology economics, international petroleum economics, petroleum geology, energy law, energy policy and strategy, energy finance, energy project management, the economics of climate change, new energy and renewable energy.
9. Employment Prospects
Energy economy is a new subject that needs to be developed to adapt to the energy situation. Students after graduation are competent in government energy management departments at all levels, large and medium-sized enterprise energy, the energy and financial institutions for energy management, energy forecasting, energy planning, energy economic research and consulting, international energy cooperation and other areas of work, can also engage in scientific research institutions, colleges and universities engaged for teaching and research work.