Forestry Economy refers to the production and business activities and organizational management of forestry departments and enterprises, the discipline that studies the law of development and its application of associated economic activities and economic relationship like distribution, exchange and consumption, including the correct handling of the economic relations of forestry production and reproduction, including forest, forestry, forestry management, forestry economic accounting.
Forestry economy is an applied economic science, which belongs to the department economic science, and constitutes the forestry science system together with forestry technology science. The current model of forestry economics is built on the framework of the sustainable use of timber and the new classical economics.
2. Sustainable Forest Management
The social, economic and ecological factors of sustainable forest management (SFM) system are different from the sustainable use of wood. As a result, SFM economics will be based on the theory of multiple equilibrium economics and consumer preference. Among them, the theory of consumer preference takes into account the complexity of the individual, the particularity of the environment, the dynamic nature of the preference, the difference between the demand and the level of the demand.
3. Subject System
Introduction to forestry economics, forest industry economics, forestry management economics, forestry economic history, regulations of forestry, forestry management and, forestry statistics, forestry accounting, and with other disciplines mutual infiltration and edge discipline, such as technical economics of forestry, forest ecological economics and economics of forest resources, forestry economic geography, etc.
4. Research Content
1) The organizational forms of forestry production units and the management system of forestry economy;
2) The development and utilization of labor, land resources and other forest resources in forestry;
3) The structure of forestry production department, the layout of forestry production and the division of forestry;
4) Forestry programming and planning;
5) Analysis and evaluation of the effect of forestry investment;
6) Forestry products trade and price, forestry finance, credit and trade gold application;
7) Distribution of products and income in forestry and the life consumption of forestry workers;
8) The economic benefits of forest ecology and social welfare, etc.
5. Subject Characteristics
1) Cultivated forest approximates agriculture planting industry, the land is the basic means of production and production process of forest cultivation is the labor process and tree growth and development of natural processes are intertwined, and timber production is forest harvesting and transport process; processing of timber and forest products and industrial processing properties.
2) Cultivated forest is the foundation of forestry production and construction. The production and processing use of timber and various forest products are directly or indirectly restricted.
3) Cultivated forest production time is long and has short-term labor and labor process has obvious stages and operations are followed one by one.
4) Cultivated forest is carried on the mountains, beaches which are difficult to be used for agriculture.
5) Non standardization of wood products.