Geography Information Science is the science that mainly studies the collection, analysis, storage, display, management, dissemination and application of geographic information, and studies the law of the generation, transmission and transformation of geographic information flow. Geographic information science is a new emerging marginal discipline in recent 20 years integrating geography, computer, remote sensing technology and cartography.
2. Basic Issues
1) Distributed computing
2) The cognition of geographic information
3) The interoperation of geographic information
5) The future of spatial information infrastructure
6) Uncertainty of geographic data and analysis based on GIS
7) GIS and society
8) Spatial analysis of geographic information system in the environment
9) Acquisition and integration of spatial data, etc.
3. Earth Information Science
Earth information science takes the information flow as the means to study the state of motion and mode of the internal material flow, energy flow and human flow of the earth system. It is composed of three parts, the “earth information science” is the theoretical study of the subject, and “earth information technology" is the means of research, "global changes and regional sustainable development" is the main field of application.
4. Training Objectives
The program trains high-quality compound talents with the basic geography knowledge, master the basic theory and basic knowledge of geographical information science, database theory, principle and technology of remote sensing, cartography, geography, resources and environment science and geographical information science, global positioning system and remote sensing of integration and application and related information processing and analysis capabilities to engage in scientific research and development in scientific research institutions, institutions of higher learning, engaged in the development of geographic information science, management, and applications in the field of cities, regions, resources, environment, transportation, population, land, real estate, infrastructure and planning management.
5. Training Requirements
The students mainly study the basic theory and basic knowledge of geographic information system and cartography, remote sensing technology, receive training in scientific thinking and scientific experiment of the application basic research and technology development, have good scientific literacy, with basic skills in geographic information system research, design and development and basic ability of teaching, research, development and management.
6. Knowledge and Ability
1) Master the basic theories and knowledge of mathematics, physics and chemistry and so on;
2) understand the theoretical frontier, application prospect and the latest development of human geography and urban and rural planning;
3) Familiar with the policies and regulations of urban and rural resources and environment, urban construction and other relevant aspects;
4) Combine with the elective courses, lay a solid foundation and broaden the knowledge;
5) understand the theoretical frontier of geographic information system, the application prospect and the latest development trends, and the development of the geographic information system industry;
6) Master the basic method of data information, document retrieval and using modern information technology to obtain information related; has a certain ability of experimental design, creating conditions for the experiment, induction, collation, analysis of the experimental results, writing papers, participating in academic exchanges.
7. Main Courses
Geography, cartography, computer science and technology, natural geography, economic geography, remote sensing principle and technology, database structure, principles of geographic information system, geographic information system design and application, engineering mathematics, advanced language program design, database management systems, photogrammetry, remote sensing technology and application, the principle of geographic information systems, the theory and application of GPS, design and development of GIS, web GIS, computer graphics.
8. Employment Prospects
Graduates can be engaged in geographic information system related applied research, technology development, production management and administrative management at related departments with cities, regions, resources, environment, transportation, population, housing, land, infrastructure and planning management, can also be engaged in scientific research or teaching at colleges and universities or research institutions.