Information resource management has narrow sense and broad sense. The information resource management in narrow sense refers to the information itself, that is, the implementation management process of information content. The information resource management in broad sense refers to the management process of information content and related resources such as equipment, facilities, technology, investment, information personnel.
2. Enterprise Information Resources
Enterprise information resource is a collection of all kinds of information activity elements (information technology, equipment, information producer, etc.) which are accumulated in the information activities by enterprises. The task of enterprise information resource management is to effectively collect access and process information within and outside the enterprise and maximally improve the quality of enterprise information resources, availability and cost, and make the various parts of the enterprise to be able to share the information resources.
3. Macro Information Resource Management
Macro information resources management is the information resources management based on the social dimension and the level of the information resource management is as a kind of management thought and management theory, it is thought that information is not only the resources of an organization, but is also a kind of social management, requires to conduct a series of management activities around the social economic resources. In a word, the macro level information resources management is through effective means to conduct the rational allocation of information resources management, promote the development of information resources, utilization and value-added, to achieve the sustainable development of economy and society.
4. Basic Theory
1) information resources are the important resources of enterprises, the same as human resources, material resources, financial resources and natural resources. To manage information resources as other resources, IRM is a necessary part of enterprise management, should be included in the budget of the enterprise management.
2) information resource management, including data resource management and information processing management. Data resource management emphasizes the control of data, which is concerned with how to obtain and process information under a condition, and emphasizes the importance of enterprise information resources.
3) information resource management is a new function of enterprise management. The reason of this new function is the explosion of information and document information, the urgent requirement of the management of all levels to get the order information and to process information quickly and easily.
4) the goal of information resources management is to improve the efficiency of management by enhancing the ability of enterprises to deal with the internal and external information demand under dynamic and static conditions. In order to achieve the best results of Efficient, Effective and Economical, also known as the principle of 3E, the three are closely related to each other.
5) the development of information resources management has stages. A total of four stages, namely, physical control, automation technology management, information resource management and knowledge management. Can be used to promote power, strategic objectives, basic technology, management methods and organizational status and other factors are compared.
5. Information Asymmetry Theory
The theory of information asymmetry studies the asymmetry of information that exists in the real life, which has a very important influence on the management of information resources. Information asymmetry theory basic content can be summarized into two points, is one of the distribution of the transaction between the two sides is asymmetric, namely than the other party hold more information; second is the transaction both sides to their respective in possession of information of relative position is very clear.
Information asymmetry in the environment will have some obstacles to the management of information resources.
First is the time lag phenomenon.
The second is the limitation phenomenon.
Finally is the incentive system.
6. Ways to Achieve
1), improve the cognition on information resources of various levels management staff
2), improve the quality of enterprise information resource management
3), strengthen the basic work of enterprise information resource management
4), reform enterprise management system to establish and improve the management of information resources
5), enterprise information resources integration management
7. Important Significance
1), the basis and means to enhance the competitiveness of enterprises
2), the key to achieve enterprise information
3), the basic measures and guarantee to improve the economic efficiency of enterprises
8. Training Objectives
Information resources management trains advanced composite talents that have proficient domestic and foreign trade theory and practice, according to the requirements of professional knowledge and basic skills required by the management of information resources of the digital era, with information resources integrated management and e-government system of knowledge and skills, in state organs, enterprises and other social will be engaged in the organization of information organization, information resources development, utilization, management and consulting services.
9. Training Requirements
Information resources management students learn the basic theory and basic knowledge of information resources management science, accept training in management science, information science and technology of, can be competent for the work of data management, network resource management system, information system planning and construction and the maintenance of, with the basic policy analysis, system construction, information system construction and maintenance, application technology, quality management, management system design of ability. Graduates should acquire the following knowledge and abilities:
1). Master the basic theory, basic knowledge and basic skills of information resource management science;
2). Familiar with the laws and regulations on information resource management;
3). Understand the theory of information resource management and application prospects, to understand the relevant industry, industry, career development trends and needs;
4). With strong ability of observation, memory, attention, comprehension, analysis, a quality of imagination, a self cognitive ability and logical thinking ability, certain critical thinking ability, scientific research and social practice ability, technical application ability, and strong research can ability, comprehensive analysis ability, oral and written expression ability, self-control and strain capacity, etc.
5). Master the basic methods of modern management, information resources management professional skills and the corresponding application of information technology.
10. Main Courses
Microeconomics, macroeconomics, econometrics, modern commercial technology, introduction to e-commerce, basic information management, information resources construction, information service, information description and organization, information retrieval and utilization, information analysis and forecast, management information system, according to the library technology and application, network technology and application, information theory, knowledge management, management science and so on.
11. Program Experiments
Organization of information resources system, database system management practices, information retrieval technology applications, data analysis and data mining technology application practice, massive data storage technology, data maintenance practices, migrating recovery technology application practice, electronic forensics practice, computer net station resources system design, operation maintenance practice of computer website resources system.
12. Employment Prospects
The graduates of information resource management are mostly engaged in the knowledge management, information analysis, information utilization and knowledge service at university, enterprise unit, and information service organization. For example, enterprises, comprehensive office department, file management, file management department, the department of information management, knowledge management department, the department of personnel management; Internet company Internet product planning and operation, analyze information consulting company; at all levels of the state archives administration institutions, archives repositories of all types and at all levels; various types of library, etc.