Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics

FAQ about Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China

1. Are all the courses of these programs taught in English?
Answer: Yes, because they are fully English medium programs. 
2. How is the living standard in Nanjing city? What about the canteen in the University?
Answer: The living expense here is reasonable, for example, around 150USD for food cost per person a month. There is Muslim window set up for international students. 
3. How can I arrive in Nanjing city, the location of University?
Answer: If there is no direct flight to Nanjing, the recommended flight is transit from Hong Kong to Nanjing (around 2.1 hours), or transit from Beijing to Nanjing (around 2 hours), or transit from Shanghai to Nanjing (around 1 hour), or transit from Guangzhou to Nanjing (around 2.4 hours). Students can choose the travel route according to their location. 
4. How can I exchange some Chinese currency for my pocket money when I just arrived in China?
Answer: Students can exchange some Chinese currency in bank for shuttle/bus ticket fare and pocket money in the big international airport when they arrive in China. And students can buy telephone card from business counter in the airport to give international call and domestic call if students need. 
5. How are the transportation, telecom and internet settled in Nanjing City? 
Answer: There is one airport, two train stations, some buses and subways. There are convenient public facilities for telecom and internet, you can buy telecom card to call at any time and there are lots of internet pubs for going on internet. 
6. How is the climate in Nanjing City?
Answer: Nanjing has a humid subtropical climate and is under the influence of the East Asian monsoon. The four seasons are distinct, and the annual temperature is around 16 °C (60.8 °F).
7. How is China’s Engineering Education in the world?
Answer: China is a largest producer of engineering graduates in the world.
8. How is China’s Business and Management Education in the world?
Answer: China has become the second largest economy and this has influential role in the global economy. 
9. Can a student open a Bank Account? 
Answer: Yes, a student could open a bank account in his name to keep his surplus money safe. He could also use this account to have his family remit any additional money as required.
10. Is learning Chinese language compulsory? 
Answer: Even though the program is taught in English, but international students must study Chinese language according to Ministry of Education, China. Chinese language classes are just offered in the first two years, three times per week, and international students are required to pass the basic level. Besides, it will be helpful for students in daily life if they learn some Chinese language.
11. What is the voltage used in China? 
Answer: The voltage here is 220 V. Converters and power strips may be purchased locally.
12. Useful public contact number in China:
Fire: 119
Police Station: 110
Time Report: 12117
Telephone Directory: 114
Telephone Repair: 112
Emergency Ambulance: 120
Earthquake Advisory Service: 2042691
13. Do I need to take IELTS OR TOFEL exam before applying?
Answer: There is no English language test requirement for Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs taught in English. However, it is strongly advised that students with good background in English apply for the programs.
14. Can I work while I study?
Answer: Students are allowed to work part-time only with the consent from the university.
The final information is subject to the University If there is any discrepancy!