Physics is the discipline that studies the most general laws of matter motion and the basic structure of matter. As a lead discipline of natural science, physics researches the most basic movement forms and rules of all the materials from the universe to fundamental particles. So it has become the research base of all other sciences. Its theoretical structure makes full use of mathematics as its own working language. The experiment is the only standard to test the correctness of the theory. It is the most accurate natural science discipline.
Physics is a natural science that focuses on the study of matter, energy, space, and time, and in particular, the nature of each of them and their relationship to one another. Physics is the knowledge about the laws of nature; more broadly, the study of the phenomena of nature is explored and analyzed in order to understand the rules of nature.
1) Newtonian mechanics and rational mechanics: research on the basic laws of the mechanical motion of objects and the laws of relativity about time and space
2) Electromagnetism and electrodynamics: research on electromagnetic phenomena, electromagnetic motion and electromagnetic radiation laws of matter
3) Thermodynamics and statistical mechanics: studies the statistical law of the thermal motion of matter and its macroscopic performance
4) Relativity: studies the high speed motion effect of the object and the related dynamic law
5) Quantum mechanics: studies the phenomenon of micro material movement and the basic motion law
In addition, there are:
Particle physics, nuclear physics, atomic and molecular physics, solid state physics, cohesion state physics, laser physics, plasma physics, geophysics, biophysics, astrophysics and others.
3. Research Areas
1) Condensed matter physics
2) Atomic, molecular, and optical physics
3) High energy/particle physics
4. Training Objectives
Physics program trains senior specialized talents who master the basic theory and methods of physics, have good mathematical foundation and experimental skills in physics or related fields of science and technology, can be engaged in scientific research, teaching, technology and related management.
5. Training Requirements
The students mainly study the basic law of the motion of matter, receive the training in the application of physical knowledge and methods of scientific research and technological development, obtain initial training in basic research and applied basic research, and have good scientific literacy and certain scientific research and application development capabilities.
6. Knowledge and Skills
1) Master the basic theory and basic method of mathematics and have high mathematics accomplishment;
2) Have solid, systematic basic theory of physics and a wide range of basic knowledge of physics and basic experimental methods, with a certain basic scientific research capabilities and application development capabilities;
3) understand the general principles and knowledge of similar majors;
4) understand the frontier of physics development and the general trend of the development of science;
5) Understand the science and technology, intellectual property rights and other relevant policies and regulations;
6) Master data information, document retrieval and the basic method of using modern information technology to obtain information related; have certain ability of experimental design, creating conditions for the experiment, induction, collation, analysis of the experimental results, writing papers, participating in academic exchanges.
7. Main Subjects
8. Main Courses
Higher mathematics, mechanics, thermodynamics, optics, electromagnetics, atomic physics, methods of mathematical physics, theoretical mechanics, thermodynamics and statistical physics, electrodynamics, quantum mechanics, solid state physics, structure and material, calculation introductory physics, etc.
9. Practical Teaching
Production practice, scientific research training, graduation thesis, the general arrangement is 10-20 weeks.
10. Similar Programs
Physics, acoustics, theoretical physics, applied physics, optical information science and technology
11. Employment Direction
The students after graduation can be employed in colleges and universities engaged in teaching work, or work in research institutes engaged in theoretical research, experimental research and technology development and application, in enterprises engaged in materials science and engineering, electronics and information technology and other areas for technology development and application research work.