Psychology is a science that studies the psychological phenomenon, mental function and behavior of human being. It is not only a theoretical subject, but also an applied subject, including two areas: basic psychology and applied psychology.
Psychology research involves perception, cognition, emotion, personality, behavior, interpersonal relationship, social relations and other many fields, also associated with many areas in daily life - family, education, health and social relation. Psychology attempts to explain individual behavior and psychological function by brain functioning. At the same time, the psychology attempts to explain individual psychological function in social behavior and social dynamic role; at the same time it is also related to neural science, medicine, biology, and other science, because the science to explore the physiological role will affect the individual's mind.
The purpose of basic research is to describe, explain, predict, and influence behavior. Applied psychologists have fifth goals - to improve the quality of human life. These goals form the basis of the cause of psychology.
1) Describe what happened
2) Explain what happened
3) Predict what will happen
4) Control what happens
3. Research Objects
1). Dynamic Dimension
(1) Mental process: the dynamic process of a person's psychological phenomenon. Including cognitive process, emotional process and will process, reflecting the common psychological phenomenon of the common side of the individual.
(2) Individual mind is the sum of a person in the practice of social life formed relatively stable psychological phenomenon, including personality tendency, personality characteristics and personality regulation and control, reflecting the individual psychological phenomenon of the individual side.
Consciousness refers to the psychological phenomenon that is being perceived by individuals.
Consciousness can be divided into the following two aspects from the objects:
Object consciousness refers to the awareness of the people around the world.
Self consciousness refers to the consciousness of the individual to himself as well as the relationship between himself and the surrounding.
In memory psychology, the former is a memory phenomenon; the latter is a matememory phenomenon.
Unconsciousness is a psychological phenomenon that is not perceived by individuals at present. In the psychology of memory, the former is the unconscious memory; the latter is the implicit memory.
4. Research Areas
1) Developmental psychology: the whole process of growth and development of the human fetus from the birth of the fetus to the age of death.
2) Study psychology: how people develop into the present state, to study the process and causes of human and animal learning.
3) Personality psychology: focus on personality traits, motivation, and individual differences.
4) Sensory and perceptual psychology: the study of how humans perceive the world around them, as in the study of how humans recognize faces.
5) Comparative psychology: the study and comparison of different kinds of animal behavior.
6) Physiological psychology: the relationship between behavioral and physiological processes, especially the activities of the nervous system.
7) Cognitive psychology: the main research thinking problem, trying to understand the relationship between reasoning, problem solving, memory and other mental processes and human behavior.
8) Gender psychology: the differences between male and female, explore physiological factors, child support process, education, social stereotype and various factors of the gender differences in the effect.
9) Social psychology: studies attitudes, persuasion, disturbance, obedience, leadership behavior, racial discrimination, friendship, marriage and other issues.
10) Cultural psychology: research on the role of culture in human behavior.
11) Evolutionary psychology: the study of the effects of various evolutionary patterns on the behavior of human beings in the course of history, such as male and female spouse selection method.
12) Clinical psychology: mainly study mental health and mental illness.
13) Psychology of preschool children: the psychology of preschool children is the science of studying the law of the development of children's psychology from the birth to the pre-school children's psychology.
14) Behavioral psychology: a combination of various body reactions to which organisms are adapted to adapt to environmental changes.
15) Criminal psychology: research on the subject of the will, the thought, the intention and the reaction of the criminal.
5. Types of Research
1) Division from the continuity of the study time
Longitudinal study, transverse study, and vertical and horizontal research
2) From the selection of the research object
Case study, group research, case-group study
6. Research Methods
1) Natural observation method
2) Experiment method: laboratory experiment, natural experiment method
3) Survey method
4) Test method
5) Clinical method
7. Research Tasks
1) Describe the psychological reality
2) Reveal the law of psychology
3) Guiding practical application
8. Research Principles
Objectivity, development, practicality, systematization and ethics
9. Research Purposes
1) Know the inside and outside world
2) Adjust and control behavior
3) Directly applied in practical work.
10. Training Objectives
Psychology trains senior specialized personnel equipped with the basic theory, basic knowledge and basic skills of psychology, can perform psychology scientific research, teaching and management work in scientific research departments, higher and secondary schools, business units and others.
11. Training Requirements
The students mainly study the basic theory and basic knowledge of psychology; accept training in psychology scientific thinking and scientific experiments, with good scientific literacy and basic ability of experimental psychology and psychological measurement.
12. Knowledge and Ability
1) Master the basic theories and knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology and so on;
2) Master the basic theory of psychology, knowledge and empirical research methods, to master the relevant statistics, measurement methods, with a comprehensive analysis, data processing and computer applications;
3) understand the general principles and knowledge of similar professional;
4) Understand the science and technology, intellectual property rights and other relevant policies and regulations;
5) understand the forefront of the theory of psychology, the application prospects and the latest developments;
6). Master the basic method of data information, document retrieval and use of modern information technology to obtain information related; has certain ability of experimental design, creating conditions for the experiment, induction, collation, analysis of the experimental results, writing papers, participating in academic exchanges.
13. Major Subjects
Psychology, biology, computer science and technology, advanced mathematics
14. Main Courses
General psychology, experimental psychology, psychological statistics, psychological measurement, physiological psychology, personality psychology, social psychology, cognitive psychology, developmental psychology, etc.
15. Practice Teaching
Mental hospital internship, enterprise management practice, psychological counseling practice, graduation thesis, and the general arrangement is 10--20 weeks.
16. Similar Programs
Educational technology, sociology
17. Employment Prospects
Universities, civil servants, enterprises, primary and secondary schools, psychological counseling workers, hospitals and clinics