Regional Economics is an applied economics, which is formed by the intersection of economics and geography. The term spatial economics is often used as a synonym for regional economics. When the topic of regional economics especially involves town, uses the city economics. Regional economics is the science that studies the coordination of regional economic development and regional relationship from the perspective of economics.
Economic region is divided according to the spatial distribution law of human economic activities, which has the characteristics of heterogeneity and agglomeration, the basic integrity of the economic structure, and the specific role of the geographical unit in the national economic system. Regional economy is a spatial system of national economy, which is the sum of the social economic activities and the social economic relations or relations in the economic region, and it is the essential content of the economic region.
1) Regional economics uses economic point of view to study different regional economic development, spatial organization and its relationship with the comprehensive application of science.
2) Regional economics is a subject that studies and reveals the law of the interaction between the region and the economy.
3) Specific analysis of regional economic development in the rules (including regional characteristics analysis and policy, means, evolution of industrial structure, population growth and mobile, urban construction and layout, regional territorial planning, coordination of regional combination and regional interests, the proportion of the area.
2. Research Direction
Urbanization and urban economic issues, spatial structure theory, regional productivity layout, rational development and utilization of resources, rural economy, regional planning and management, regional investment and financing, etc
3. Research Viewpoints
(1) Regional economics is a study of the economics of a particular geographical area, it has no difference with the general economics, but its research scope is the region, not the country.
(2) Study the geographical distribution and spatial organization of human economic activities, so it is called spatial economics.
(3) Major issues in the study of area.
(4) Study regional differences and relations.
(5) Study the interaction rules and their mutual relations of region and economics,
(6) Research on the decision science of different regional economic development and its correlation in China from a macro perspective.
4. Research Content
Regional economic theory, the theory of productive forces distribution, the economic adjustment mechanism of productive forces distribution, the economic development strategy and economic planning of the new region.
5. Space Definition
With the complexity of the regional economic development increasing, it is restrictive to define the boundary of regional economy only from the point of view of geography. System theory holds that the whole performance of the system appears in the special boundary reaction when it is in contact with the environment. Under certain conditions, the boundary of the system can play a stabilizing role in the protection system. The boundary division of the regional economic system should follow the principle, that is, the connection between the elements of the regional economy and the connection of the nodes of the abrupt change of function to form the interface of the regional economic system.