Urban Economics is an economic discipline which studies the economic relations and the law of the whole development of the city in the process of producing, growing, and the integration of urban and rural areas. Urban economics with the emergence and growth of the city, and finally achieve the integration of urban and rural integration of the entire historical process and its laws, as well as reflected in the city and outside economic activities in the production of a variety of research objects.
Urban economics uses economic analysis methods to analyze, describe and predicate urban phenomena and urban problems. The research focuses on the status of the important economic activities in cities, the interaction between them, and the economic relations between cities and other regions and countries, etc.
2. Research Content
1) Urban economic structure and urban growth
Including urban production, urbanization, suburbanization, metropolization, urban decline, urban development structure, urban characteristics, urban size, urban renewal, metro construction, etc
2) Urban internal structure
Including land use, housing, transportation, etc.
3) Urban public services and welfare facilities
Including urban public finance, the supply and demand situation of public service facilities (such as water, electricity, parks, etc)
4) Urban human resources economy
Including employment, consumption, migration, the poor, human resources, investment, etc
5) Environment and urban living quality
Including public hazards prevention and treatment, prevention of crime, the transformation of the old city, etc
6) Other aspects
Urban development policy
1) Theoretical urban economics: from the theory to study urban economic activities and understand the phenomenon and essence of the problem, not related to solve the problem of method and policy aspects of the study, the main content is: urbanization theory, theory of urban development, land use and land rent theory, urban spatial structure theory, the scale of the city. It helps to understand the phenomenon and problems of urban economy, and it is the basic research before urban planning.
2) Applied urban economics: pay attention to the research to improve and solve the problem of the city and enhance the residents of welfare measures and specific measures, research content of urban problems and urban development policies, such as residential crowding and poor quality, traffic congestion, unemployment, racial discrimination, slums. These two are closely related to urban planning, is one of the basic content of urban planning.
4. Development Process
1) Space economics
2) Public economics
3) Advanced market economics
4) New management economics
5) Advanced cultural economics
6) Applied economics