Agricultural Engineering is a comprehensive engineering technology and its principles for agricultural production and rural life services. It is based on soil, fertilizer, agricultural meteorology, breeding, cultivation and agricultural economy, comprehensively apply various engineering technology to provide a variety of tools, equipment and energy for agricultural production in order to create the most suitable for the environment of agricultural production, improve agricultural laborers’ working and living conditions.
1) The extensive application of engineering technology new achievements, the result is the development of agricultural engineering to large scale, intensive, automation and electronic direction.
2) The combination of engineering science and agriculture and biological science is more closely integrated with each other.
3) The comprehensive utilization of various engineering technologies to promote the comprehensive development of agricultural production.
3. Research Content
1) Agricultural mechanization
2) Farmland water conservancy and water and soil conservation
3) Land use project
4) Rural construction and agricultural bio Environmental Engineering
5) Agricultural and sideline products processing project
6) Agricultural engineering rural energy engineering
7) Agricultural electrification project
1) Improve the agricultural labor productivity
2) Resist and defend natural disasters
3) Intensive agricultural production
4) Protection of agricultural natural resources
5. Training Objectives
Agricultural engineering program develops senior engineering and technical personnel with the basic theory and basic knowledge of the discipline of agricultural engineering, can be occupied at agricultural water conservancy and hydropower, water conservation and other departments engaged in the work of the hydraulic engineering survey, planning, design, construction, management and test research and teaching, scientific research and so on.
6. Training Requirements
The students mainly study the basic knowledge, basic theory of water conservancy and civil engineering disciplines; receive basic training in water conservancy engineering design method, scientific research methods and construction and management, with the basic ability of water conservancy engineering investigation, planning, design, construction, and management.
7. Knowledge and Skills
1) Master the basic theory of water conservancy and civil engineering and related knowledge of agricultural water and soil engineering;
2) Master the basic skills in the investigation, planning, design, construction, management and experimental study of agricultural water conservancy, hydropower and water conservation projects;
3) With the planning and design capacity of the development and utilization of agricultural water and soil resources, and the planning and design of the township water supply project;
4) Understand the frontier and developing trend of water conservancy project, agricultural engineering discipline and related disciplines;
5) Familiar with the construction of water conservancy and hydropower engineering, water resources development and protection, soil and water conservation aspects of the relevant principles, policies and regulations;
6) Master the basic methods of document retrieval and data query, and have the ability of preliminary scientific research and practical work;
7) With strong ability of research and decision-making, organization and management, oral and written expression, with the independent access to knowledge, information processing and innovation.
8. Main Courses
Mechanical drawing and computer drawing, engineering mechanics, mechanical design basis, electrical technology, electronics technology, engineering test technology, basic biology, agriculture and animal husbandry industry production base, engineering basic materials, engineering infrastructure, agricultural engineering introduction, agricultural machinery and equipment, soil and water resources, agricultural product processing engineering, facilities of agricultural engineering, machinery and equipment design, agricultural engineering project planning and design, project management, mechanical and electrical system drive and control
9. Employment Prospects
Students after graduation can be engaged at modern agricultural engineering facilities and equipment department, agricultural high-tech enterprises, science and technology development park, planning and design units for teaching and research work, engaged in agricultural engineering and related fields of planning, design, development, construction, management, teaching and research and other work, at industrial sector engaged in the design, research and development, management and sales work; equipment production, operation and management departments engaged in agricultural equipment performance design, marketing management and teaching and research, engineering technical work.