Animal Medical Science is a comprehensive discipline based on biology to study the occurrence and development laws of animal diseases, and on the basis to diagnose and prevent diseases, to protect the health of animals. Animal medicine is divided into animal medicine internal medicine and animal medicine surgery. Animal medicine internal medicine is a discipline about animal diseases diagnosis, treatment and prevention, speaking from the big scope, including animal internal medicine and surgery, pandect of animal medicine internal medicine and internal prevention of animal medicine internal medicine specific theories. Animal medical surgery is mainly the science of surgery methods of diagnosis and treatment of diseases of domestic animals, can also through the method of operation, change the metabolism of animal organism, so as to improve the quantity and quality of animal products, the draught animals can enhance the ability to use and breeding excellent varieties. Its basic task is to effectively prevent and control the occurrence of diseases of livestock and poultry, companion animals, medical laboratory animals and other ornamental animals.
Similar to other medical specialties, animal medicine must first learn basic biology and medical theory, then through a large number of anatomical experiments to strengthen students' understanding of the theory. There is a year or so of clinical practice, to ensure that students eventually master the methods of various types of treatment of animal products.
2. Training Objectives
The program trains senior scientific and technical personnel with the basic theory, basic knowledge and basic skills of animal medicine, can be engaged in the veterinary department, animal production units and relevant departments veterinarians, epidemic prevention and quarantine, teaching, scientific research and other work.
3. Training requirements
The students mainly study the basic theory and basic knowledge of animal basic medicine, preventive medicine and clinical medicine, receive basic training in animals normal and abnormal structure and function tests, examinations, and disease prevention, diagnosis and treatment technology, with the basic ability of animal health, clinical diagnosis and therapy, animal epidemic prevention and quarantine and veterinary health management.
4. Knowledge and Skills
1) With solid theoretical knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry and life science;
2) Master the basic theories of animal basic medicine, preventive medicine and clinical medicine, pathogenic factors, disease occurrence and development and transfer of the law and the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, the basic knowledge of animal science;
3) With the skills of pathogenic factors analysis, testing, the correct use of drugs and development, routine and equipment diagnosis, the main treatment method and animal quarantine skills;
4) With the awareness of the sustainable development of agriculture and the basic knowledge, understanding of the frontiers of life sciences, the development trend and the application of related technologies in natural science;
5) Familiar with the national animal production, animal medicine development planning, veterinary quarantine, environmental protection, animal import and export quarantine and other relevant policies and regulations;
6) Master the basic methods of document retrieval and data query, and have certain scientific research and practical work ability.
5. Main Subjects
Basic veterinary medicine, preventive veterinary medicine and clinical veterinary medicine
6. Main Courses
Animal anatomy and histology, embryology, animal physiology, animal biochemistry, veterinary pathology, veterinary pharmacology, veterinary microbiology and immunology, veterinary medicine, veterinary surgery, infectious diseases of animals animal parasitic and parasitic diseases, veterinary science, veterinary public health, veterinary medicine production.
7. Practice Teaching
Teaching practice, production practice, curriculum design, graduation thesis (graduation design), research and training, production labor, social practice, the general arrangement is 35-40 weeks.
8. Major Experiments
Animal anatomy, histology, animal physiology, animal biochemistry, veterinary pharmacology, veterinary microbiology, immunology, veterinary pathology, etc
9. Similar Programs
Animal pharmacy, animal science
10. Employment Prospects
Animal medical science students after graduation can be engaged in work at animal husbandry and veterinary administration, import and export of animals and their products test, meat hygiene inspection, feed industry, food safety, environmental protection, animal disease diagnosis and prevention, companion animal health, animal experiment, medicine, public health and biology, animal quarantine station or animal production enterprises.