Aquaculture Science is the subject that studies aquaculture production activities, training senior scientific and technical personnel with the basic theory, basic knowledge and basic skills of aquatic animals and plants increased scientific breeding, can be engaged in the aquatic breeding production, education, scientific research and management department engaged in scientific research, teaching, aquatic products breeding and development, management.
2. Training Objectives
Cultivate students with the basic theory knowledge and basic skills of the experiment, practice of biology, aquatic animal and plant breeding and aquatic plant disease diagnosis, prevention and treatment, can be engaged in aquatic animals and plants resources comprehensive exploitation and utilization and protection, economic animals and plants increase breeding, disease prevention and control and related fields of scientific research, education, technical services and management work.
3. Training Requirements
The students mainly study the basic theory of biology and water environmental science and the basic knowledge of aquatic increasing aquaculture, fishery economy and management aspects, receive basic training in biology and chemistry experiment related teaching, aquatic product increased farming practice link, micro computer applications, and other aspects, with the basic ability of aquatic animals and plants of economic increase breeding technology, nutrition and feed for the prevention and treatment of diseases.
4. Knowledge and Ability
1) Have solid theoretical knowledge of mathematics, physics and chemistry and so on;
2) Master the basic theories of modern biological science and environmental science;
3) Master the basic knowledge and skills of aquaculture technology, nutrition and feed, disease control and other aspects;
4) Master the technical key to the production of fish, shellfish, algae (can choose 2-3 kinds) of artificial breeding, breeding and intensive farming;
5) Master basic methods of investigation and planning of fishery resources and environment in inland waters, shallow seas and beaches, and to understand the basic knowledge of modern aquaculture engineering, marine fisheries and aquatic product processing and utilization;
6) With the awareness and basic knowledge of agricultural development, understanding of aquaculture, life sciences, the forefront of the discipline and development trend;
7) Familiar with the conservation of aquatic resources, environmental protection, aquaculture, fishing and fishery and other aspects of the policy, policy and regulations, familiar with the trade of aquatic products of the relevant laws and regulations.
8) Master the basic methods of document retrieval and data query, and have certain scientific research and practical work ability;
9) There is strong ability of research and decision-making, organization and management, oral and written expression, with the basic ability of independent access to knowledge, information processing and innovation.
5. Main Subjects
Biology, environmental science, fisheries science
6. Main Courses
Computer, higher mathematics, biochemistry, aquatic biology, water chemistry, fish histology and embryology, aquaculture direction with fish, fish physiology, aquaculture ponds, phycology, malacology and aquaculture studies, add a shellfish and crustacean aquaculture, aquatic ecology, aquatic economic animals increased aquaculture, fish immunology etc. Aquatic animal nutrition and feed on aquatic animal nutrition and feed science, feed analysis technology, culture of living feeds and molecular biology; medical aquatic direction have Aquatic Pathogenic Microbiology, aquatic animal pathology, anatomy of aquatic organisms, aquatic animal disease prevention and control and others
7. Major Practical Teaching
Teaching practice, production practice, curriculum design, graduation thesis (graduation design), research and training, production labor, social practice, the general arrangement is 25-30 weeks.
8. Professional Experiments
Water environment chemistry experiment, aquatic animal nutrition and feed experiment, aquatic animal disease control experiment, experimental ecology experiment, etc
9. Employment Direction
Colleges and universities, all levels of fisheries research, production and development and management, as well as aquatic environmental protection, foreign trade customs and other departments.