Food Science and Engineering is based on food science and engineering science, the discipline that studies food nutrition and health, process design and social production, food processing and storage of food safety and health, it is an important part of life science and engineering science, an important bridge between the food science and industrial engineering.
2. Program Directions
1) Food processing, storage and transportation (grain and oil processing, sugar engineering, fermentation engineering, refrigeration technology)
2) Food nutrition, food safety and inspection (public nutrition, food quality and safety)
3) Food engineering design and research and development (green, organic, functional food research and development, food engineering design)
4) Food quality management and supervision
5) Food business management (food distribution, industrial management, food logistics management direction)
3. Training Objectives
Food science and engineering program trains senior engineering and technical personnel in food science and engineering with the knowledge of chemistry, biology, food engineering and food technology, can be engaged in food production and technology management, quality control, product development, scientific research, engineering design and other aspects work in the field of food.
4. Training Requirements
The students mainly study the basic theory and basic knowledge of chemistry, biology and food engineering, receive the basic training in technology and management of food production, food engineering design and scientific research, with the basic ability of food preservation, processing and resources comprehensive utilization.
5. Knowledge and Ability
1) Master biochemistry, food chemistry, microbiology, basic theory and experimental technology;
2) Master the methods of food analysis and detection;
3) With the ability of process design, equipment selection, food production management and technical and economic analysis;
4) Familiar with the principles, policies and regulations of the development of the food industry;
5) Understand the theory and development trend of food storage, transportation, processing, preservation and comprehensive utilization of resources;
6) Master the basic methods of document retrieval and data query, and have the ability of scientific research and practical work.
6. Main Subjects
7. Main Courses
Food technology, food analysis, food materials, food engineering, food machinery and equipment, food nutrition, food preservation, food packaging and other; inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, biochemistry, food chemistry, microbiology; sensory evaluation of food, food additives, food fermentation, food quality control and management, new technology of food processing, food factory design and so on.
8. Practice Teaching
Process experiment, curriculum design, production practice, graduation practice, graduation design (thesis), the general arrangement is 30 weeks.
9. Employment Prospects
Graduates s can be engaged in various kinds of food enterprises food for engineering design, new product development (green, organic and functional foods), food and nutrition research, food quality inspection, food quality control, technical management, technical supervision, food machinery and equipment management, food packaging design, food storage, food management, transportation management, enterprise management food, scientific research and popularization; can be engaged in food and drug supervision and management departments, customs, commodity inspection, import and export, health and epidemic prevention departments for Industry and commerce, quality and technical supervision units and other government departments for product analysis, testing, technical supervision, law enforcement and management work; can also be employed for teaching and scientific research work in related national authorities, universities and scientific research institutes.