Forest Engineering is a comprehensive application-oriented discipline that takes forest resources construction and protection, development and utilization as the purposes. It is based on forest ecology to study the way of rational forest harvesting and forest collection, based on the operational research to study on the optimization of timber production planning, organize and manage economic benefit, based on engineering mechanics and mechanics to study logging engineering construction and machinery, forest engineering formation and improve and promote the development of forestry engineering.
2. Training Objectives
The program develops senior engineering and technical personnel with the knowledge of engineering mechanics, mechanical applied science, civil engineering, system engineering, environmental science and the sustainable management of forest resources, development and utilization, can be engaged in forestry, transportation, machinery and other departments of the enterprises and institutions, scientific research institutions for forest engineering, road bridge surveying, design, construction, management and international forest engineering project development and management.
3. Training Requirements
The students mainly study the basic theory and basic knowledge of management of forest resources science, engineering mechanics, mechanical use science, civil engineering, system engineering, environmental science and other aspects, receive basic training in forest engineering surveying, design, construction and forest products management aspects of the, with the basic ability of forest engineering planning, design and construction, timber production management and product development and marketing.
4. Knowledge and Skills
1) Have solid theoretical knowledge of mathematics, physics and chemistry and so on;
2) Master the basic theory, basic knowledge of mechanics, forestry, forest engineering disciplines;
3) Master the design and construction technology of production operations, forest road network planning, forest engineering product;
4) With the basic ability to use the overall planning and design of forest, forest engineering planning, design, construction and management;
5) Familiar with the forest industrial production, forest resources protection, forest ecological environment construction policy, policy and regulation;
6) know the science and technology of forest engineering and its application prospects and development trends;
7) Master the basic methods of document retrieval and data query, and have certain scientific research and practical work ability;
8) There is strong ability of research and decision-making, organization and management, oral and written expression, with independent access to knowledge, information processing and innovation.
5. Main Subjects
Mechanics, Forestry Engineering
6. Main Courses
Forest environment, forest ecological economics, surveying, soil mechanics and engineering geology, hydraulics and hydrology, engineering electrical and mechanical foundation, structural mechanics, road engineering, mechanical design and manufacturing base, ergonomics, operations research etc.
7. Practical Teaching
Experiment, teaching practice, production practice, curriculum design, graduation thesis (design), the general arrangement is 30-35 weeks.
8. Program Experiments
Chainsaw structure, wood cutting, cable erection, vehicle performance test, road detection, detection of bridge, civil engineering, timber production scheduling simulation, etc.
9. Similar Programs
Wood science and engineering, chemical industry of forest products, environmental engineering, environmental monitoring
10. Employment Prospects
Forest engineering graduates can be engaged in forest engineering production technology, organization and management, planning design and research in the forestry sector, or work in the transportation road department, mechanical industry, economic management department, education system, research institutions and administrative organs.
11. Research Directions
1) The theory and technology system of forest ecological harvesting
2) Special robot for forest industry
3) Environmental friendly forest equipment and safety engineering
4) Traffic and logistics engineering of forest region
5) Forest products inspection and new product development