Forestry is the discipline that studies the formation, development, management of forest and the theory and technology of resource regeneration and protection and utilization, studies how to recognize forest, cultivate forest, manage forest, protect forest and rationally utilize forest, it is a comprehensive application-oriented discipline the forms and develops on the basis of other natural disciplines development.
Forestry is a collection of forestry production (especially silviculture) related science and technology knowledge system and its related scientific basic knowledge system; basically it is a practical subject.
Generalized forestry includes the forest industry technology discipline focusing on timber harvesting and transportation and processing technology.
Narrow sense of forestry takes nurturing and operating, managing forest science and technology as the main body, including such as forest botany, forest ecology, forest tree breeding, silviculture, forest protection, wood science and measure tree, forest management, etc. sometimes also known as silvicultural.
2 research objects
Woods is the main research object of the forest, which includes saved by the nature and not through human activity, which has a significant effect on the original natural forest, primitive forest after harvesting or destruction of natural restoration of the natural secondary forest and plantation. Forest is the lumber and other forest products production base and adjustment, the transformation of the natural environment so that humans can survive and multiply the natural barrier; is closely related to the industry and agriculture production and the lives of the people, which is a very valuable natural resource.
3. Types of Forests
Rainforest (tropical and temperate), woods, jungle, coniferous forest, temperate broad-leaved forest, temperate coniferous forest, tropical and subtropical coniferous forests, tropical and subtropical rain forests, tropical dry forests
4. Training Objectives
The program trains senior scientific and technical personnel with the knowledge in forest cultivation, tree genetics and breeding, forest disease and insect pest control and quarantine, wild plant resources development and utilization, can be occupied at forestry, agriculture, and environmental protection departments engaged in forest cultivation, protection of forest resources, forest ecological environment construction.
5. Training Requirements
The students mainly learn the basic theory and basic knowledge of forest cultivation (including economic forest cultivation), forest genetics and breeding, forest pest control rodent, wild plant resources development and utilization, receive the basic training in the tree breeding, afforestation, forest resources survey planning, forest disease and pest control and quarantine, forest fire management and wild plants, with the basic ability of the preparation of forest management plan, forest cultivation, protection of forest resources, forest ecological environment construction and management.
6. Research Significance
1) Provide timber and forest products
2) Maintain water and soil conservation, water conservation
3) Windbreak and sand fixation, farmland soil
4) Change the climate
7. Knowledge and Ability
1) Have solid theoretical knowledge of mathematics, physics and chemistry and so on;
2) Master basic theory, basic knowledge of forestry, biology, plant protection, environmental science;
3) Master the methods of analysis of soil physicochemical properties and tree physiological and biochemical analysis and forest resources survey, evaluation, grasps the forest breeding, forest planting and tending, forest plant diseases and insect pest control and forest products processing and utilization technology;
4) With the basic ability of forest management plan establishment, forest cultivation, exploitation and utilization of wild plant resources, forest resources monitoring, forest ecological environment construction and management;
5) Familiar with the forestry development, forest ecological environment construction, forest resources protection and land greening policies, policies and regulations;
6) Understand forestry discipline theoretical frontiers, biological engineering technology application prospect, forestry science and technology development trend and development of forestry production dynamics.
8. Main Subjects
Forestry, biology, plant protection
9. Main Courses
Forest botany, plant physiology, plant nutrition, forest genetics and breeding, biotechnology, soil and fertilizer science, forest environment, forest entomology, forest pathology, forest ecology, measurement and remote sensing, etc.
10. Practical Teaching
Experiment, curriculum design, teaching integrated practice, production practice, graduation thesis (design), and the general arrangement is 28-30 weeks.
11. Employment Prospects
Forestry students after graduation can be engaged in forestry, agriculture, environmental protection and other departments of forest cultivation and protection of forest resources, forest ecological environment construction jobs. Forestry professional jobs include: landscape designers, forestry technicians, GIS sales manager, technology support, landscape engineers, nursery technicians, sales manager, forestry engineer, seedling buyer, agricultural equipment sales assistant, landscape designers, technical support engineers, etc.