Landscape Garden refers to the beautiful natural environment and recreational area created by the ways of transforming the terrain (or further building mountain, folding stone, layout of waters), planting flowers and trees, constructing architecture and designing the layout of the garden in a certain region by engineering and technical and artistic means, etc. Through the topography, landscape, building groups and flowers as carriers, bring out the human subject's spiritual culture.
Garden has a lot of extension concepts: garden community, garden street, garden city (eco city) and so on. The modern way of life and the living environment have the urgent functional and artistic requirements for the garden.
2. Landscape Plants
(1) Strongly growing and easily managing native tree species
(2) Deciduous broad-leaved trees with large canopy, dense foliage
(3) Evergreen trees and flowering shrubs with seasonal variation
(4) Shade plants and climbing plants.
By the history, classical gardens and modern gardens;
By region, Chinese gardens and western gardens
By the scale, forest garden;
By the function, comprehensive garden, zoo, botanical garden, children's park and urban green space, etc.
In classical gardens, Chinese gardens include the royal garden, private garden, temple garden and landscape architecture; western classical gardens have regular gardens and natural landscape gardens.
4. Characteristics of Chinese Landscape Architecture
1) Derived from nature, higher than nature.
2) The pursuit of the perfect combination of nature, and strive to achieve a high degree of harmony between man and nature, that is, the ideal state of "harmony between man and nature".
3) Elegant cultural artistic conception.
5. Characteristics of European Landscape Architecture
1) Architecture commands the garden
2) The overall layout of the garden is a strict geometric figure
3) Large area lawn treatment
4) Pursuing symmetry of the overall layout
5) The pursuit of form and realism
Gardens are not only used for recreation, but also have the function of protecting and improving the environment. Plants can absorb carbon dioxide, release oxygen, purify the air; in a certain extent absorb harmful gases and dust absorption, reduce pollution; can adjust the air temperature, humidity, improve microclimate, and reduced noise and wind, fire, and other protective effect. Particularly important is the beneficial effects of the landscape in the psychological and spiritual. Recreation in the beautiful scenery and quiet garden helps to eliminate the tension and fatigue, mental and physical strength to be restored. Gardens in the culture, recreation, sports, science education and other activities, but also enrich the knowledge and enrich the spiritual life.
From the layout, the garden can be divided into two categories: regular type, natural type.
From the development way, the garden can be divided into two categories: natural type, artificial type
8. Program Prospects
Landscape plant production is an important part of the national economy, urban ecology, landscape, urban and rural environment is the most important national construction. Therefore, landscape architecture is the program with the benefit of mankind and bright prospect.
9. Cultivation Characteristics
The program focuses on the cultivation of landscape plants and landscape planning and design theory and skills. Students are not only familiar with garden plant species and habits, but also has garden artistic accomplishment and drawing skills; can be engaged in garden plant breeding, cultivation, distribution, application and garden enterprise management and landscape planning, design, construction and maintenance.
10. Training Objectives
The program trains advanced composite science and technology personnel who are engaged in the garden plant breeding, conservation management and application, urban and rural landscape planning and design, landscape construction organization and management.
11. Training Requirements
The students mainly study the basic theory and basic knowledge of ecology, garden plants and ornamental gardening, landscape design, landscape architecture, landscape engineering, receive basic training in painting and performance techniques, planning and design, landscape plant cultivation, breeding and flower arrangement art of, the basic ability of planning and design of urban greening, landscape architecture, landscape engineering, garden plant landscaping and garden forest is characterized by plant cultivation, breeding and conservation management.
12. Knowledge and Skills
1) Have solid theoretical knowledge of mathematics, physics and chemistry and so on;
2) Master basic theory, basic knowledge of biology, forestry, architecture, design and art disciplines;
3) Master the scenic area planning, Forest Park planning, urban green space system planning, all kinds of landscape planning and design, landscape plant cultivation, conservation management technology;
4) With certain painting techniques and landscape performance techniques, applied arts theory and design theory of plant material, the natural landscape of the preliminary ability of art and design of the basic ability and ornamental plant cultivation and breeding.
5) Understand the theoretical front, application prospects and development trends of landscape architecture;
6) Familiar with the land and green, scenic spots and forest park construction, environmental protection, forest resources and land resources management and protection of the principles, policies and regulations.
13. Main Courses
Garden trees, flower garden, garden plants planted training of nursing science, nursery garden, genetics and breeding of ornamental plants, urban green space system planning, landscape design, architecture design, landscape engineering, landscape management, etc.
14. Main Practice
Experiment practice of the curriculum like garden trees, flower gardens, garden nursery school, garden plants planted training nursing, genetics and breeding of ornamental plants; landscape design, landscape architecture, landscape engineering, landscape comprehensive curriculum design; comprehensive practice; graduation practice and graduation thesis (design), etc.
15. Employment Prospects
Students after graduation can be employed in the garden, forestry, urban and rural construction, municipal transportation, education and other relevant departments engaged in the garden plant breeding and cultivation, maintenance management and planting design and urban and rural all kinds of garden green space, landscape architecture, planning and design, construction management, education, scientific research work.