Material Forming and Control Engineering studies the effect on materials of related process factors during the changes of the microstructure, macroscopic properties and surface shape of materials by thermal processing, to solve the theory and method of molding process development, molding equipment, and process optimization; study mold design theory and method, study mold manufacturing material, heat treatment, processing methods. The program sets two professional directions, respectively, metal forming, mold and plastic molding and mold.
2. Training Objectives
Material forming and control engineering program trains senior engineering and technical personnel with the basic knowledge and application ability of mechanical heat treatment; can be engaged in the industrial production of the first line in the thermal processing for design manufacture and test research, operation and management, operation and sales and other aspects work.
Four training modules:
1) Welding molding and control
2) Casting molding and control
3) Pressure processing and control
4) Mold design and manufacture
3. Training Requirements
The students mainly study the basic theory and technology of materials science and all kinds of heat treatment process and related equipment design method; receive basic training of modern mechanical engineer, with the basic ability of being engaged in all kinds of heat processing technology and equipment design, production organization and management.
4. Knowledge and Ability
1). Systematically master the basic knowledge of technology and theory of the program, mainly including the basic knowledge of mechanics, mechanics, electrical and electronic technology, heat processing base, basic automation, market economy and enterprise management;
2) With the necessary basic skills of mapping, calculation, testing, document retrieval and basic process operations and strong computer application ability;
3) With the professional knowledge of a professional direction of the program, understand the scientific frontier and development trends;
4) With strong self-learning ability, innovative consciousness and high comprehensive quality.
5. Main Subjects
Mechanical engineering, materials science and engineering
6. Main Courses
Material molding and control includes four aspects: welding, casting, pressure processing, mold design.
Advanced mathematics, college physics, computer application, mechanical drawing, theoretical mechanics, mechanics of materials, mechanical principle, electrical electronic technology, metal, metal technology, metallurgy materials and molding process, the material molding equipment and method, computer applications in materials processing, advanced manufacturing technology, detection technology and control engineering, technical economy, and CAD/CAM basis, surface engineering, welding metallurgy, metal welding, welding method and welding equipment, welding inspection, plastic forming theory, rubber and plastic material forming technology, plastic mold, metal stamping process and die design, mold manufacturing technology
7. Practical Teaching
Metalworking, electrical working and electronic practice, cognition practice, production practice, social practice, curriculum design, graduation design (paper), the general arrangement should be more than 40 weeks.
8. Program Experiment
Comprehensive experiment of plastic forming process, comprehensive experiment of casting process, welding process comprehensive experiment, material properties and inspection certificate, CAD (Computer Aided Design) experiment on the computer
9. Similar Programs
Mechanical design manufacture and automation
10. Research Directions
1) The knowledge structure and construction of the course system of the material forming and control engineering
2) The integration of mechanical, material, control, information and other disciplines, and the relationship between the constructions of the program
3) Strengthen the practical teaching, and construct the professional practice base.
4) The relationship between talent training mode and market demand
5) The construction of professional teaching materials
11. Employment Prospects
Students after graduation can go into iron and steel enterprises, machinery manufacturing industry, automobile and ship manufacturing industry, metal and plastic materials processing industry and other fields engaged in welding material molding, mold design and manufacturing and other related production process control, technology development, scientific research, management, trade marketing work. The program has a similar direction of employment and growth route with the mechanical specialty.