Material Physics is characterized with the directions of semiconductor physics, electronic materials, microelectronic devices fields, focusing on the cultivation of students' application ability and innovation ability of developing new electronic materials and microelectronic device processing, analysis and design. Material physics is a new interdisciplinary subject which provides the structure, properties and properties of materials from the physical principles. It mainly focuses on new energy and new functional materials.
Material physics program provides systematic study of the basic theory, basic knowledge and basic skills of physics, materials science, materials chemistry and material physics and basic training of thinking and skills in materials exploring, preparation and synthesis, and material processing, material structure and property can determination and materials application of professional training. To help students master materials physics and related basic knowledge, the basic theories and experimental techniques, with the basic ability of using the basic theory, basic knowledge and experimental skills of physics and material physics for materials research and technology development, can become innovative talents in materials science and engineering and related disciplines (material, physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, etc.), or in the corresponding field in materials physics research, teaching, application and development.
2. Training Objectives
Material physics specialty trains senior specialized talents in material physics who systematically master the basic theory and technology of materials science, have the basic knowledge and basic skills of physical materials related, can be engaged in research, teaching, technology development and management in material science and engineering and related fields.
3. Training Requirements
The students mainly study the basic theory, basic knowledge and basic skills of materials science, receive the basic training in scientific thinking and scientific experiments, with the basic capability of using the basic theory, basic knowledge and experimental skills of physics and material physics to conduct materials research and technology development.
4. Knowledge and Skills
1) Master the basic theories and knowledge of mathematics, physics and chemistry and so on;
2) Master the basic knowledge, basic principles and experimental skills of materials preparation (or synthesis), material processing, material structure and performance measurement and material application;
3) understand the general principles and knowledge of similar programs;
4) Familiar with the materials science and engineering research, science and technology development and related industrial policies, domestic and foreign intellectual property rights and other aspects of the laws and regulations;
5) Understand the theoretical frontier, application prospect and the latest development trends of material physics, as well as the development of materials science and engineering industry;
6) Master the basic method of data query, literature retrieval and use of modern information technology to obtain information related; have certain ability of experimental design, creating conditions for the experiment, induction, collation, analysis of the experimental results, writing papers, participating in academic exchanges.
5. Main Subjects
Materials science, Physics
6. Main Courses
Fundamentals of materials science, engineering material science, material mechanical properties, functional materials, electronic materials, phase transformation and basic physics, modern physics, solid state physics, and so on.
7. Practice Teaching
Production practice, graduation thesis, the general arrangement is 10-20 weeks.
8. Similar Programs
9. Employment Prospects
Graduates can work in materials related enterprise, business, technology and administrative departments engaged in applied research, technology development, production technology and management work, suitable to the scientific research institutions, institutions of higher learning engaged in the teaching and scientific research.