Metal Material Engineering is a basic subject in the field of materials science and engineering, metal material covering metallurgy, nonferrous metals, composite materials, powder metallurgy, materials heat treatment, corrosion, protection and surface of materials.
2. Research Directions
1) High performance metal materials, the focus is to greatly improve the practical application of a wide range of metal materials comprehensive performance;
2) Material surface engineering, improve the material surface wear resistance, corrosion resistance and give it some kind of function or artistic effect;
3) Superhard materials, diamond materials and iron-based catalyst agent;
4) Advanced fiber materials, carbon fiber materials, raw silk and products;
5) Functional materials, mainly energy conversion (such as electric-thermal, sound- electricity, etc.) materials;
6) Biomedical materials, mainly tissue repair and replacement materials in the defect hard tissue of the human body.
3. Training Objectives
Metal material engineering program cultivates senior engineering and technical personnel with the knowledge of metallic materials science and engineering, can be engaged in scientific research, technology development, technology and equipment design, production and management in metallurgy, materials structure research and analysis, metallic materials and composite material preparation, metal material molding fields.
4. Training Requirements
The students mainly learn the basic theory of materials science; master the components, organization and structure, production technology and the basic rules of the relationship between environment and performance of metal materials and composite materials. Based on the comprehensive alloy design and process design, improve the properties, quality and service life of the materials, and the new materials and processes are developed.
5. Knowledge and Skills
1). Master the basic theory of materials science;
2). Master the basic theoretical knowledge of metal materials;
3). Master the professional knowledge and technical economic management knowledge of metal materials forming and processing engineering;
4). Master the basic knowledge and skills of metal products inspection, product quality control and protection measures;
5) With the initial capacity of the metal material design, selection and the correct choice of production technology and equipment;
6) With necessary basic knowledge and skills of machinery, electrical and electronic technology, computer applications;
7) With the initial capacity of research and development of new materials, new technology and equipment.
6. Main Subjects
Materials science and engineering
7. Main Courses
Metallography, fundamentals of materials engineering, thermodynamics of materials, mechanical properties of material, technology of metals, metal heat treatment, material solid phase transformation, material analysis technology, optical technology, metal material science, material molding process and equipment, computer applications in materials engineering, etc.
8. Practical Teaching
Metalworking practice, cognition practice, production practice, curriculum design, professional experiment, computer application and practice, graduation design
9. Program Experiments
Metal experiment, physical properties and mechanical properties of metallic materials, phase transformation and heat treatment of metallic materials, etc
10. Employment Prospects
1) In the steel, non-ferrous metal smelting, metal processing factory and powder metallurgy factory enterprises, engaged in process planning and fixture design, new product research and development, product quality inspection and control as well as the production technology and quality management;
2) In transportation machinery, mining machinery, engineering machinery, vehicles, ships and other factory or repair shop, as well as bearings, valves, springs and other parts, standard parts manufacturing plant, engaged in metal parts, casting, forging, pressing, welding, heat treatment, such as heat processing process of process planning, fixture design, popularization and application of new materials, new technology, inspection and control of internal quality of parts and workshop, workshop on-site technical service work;
3) In the construction, mining, chemical, transportation and other industry, engaged in the industry production and test of metallic materials (such as rib reinforcing bars, wire rod, steel plate, etc.) and the selection of material quality, engaged in mechanical equipment maintenance, spare parts material selection, improvement and quality inspection; engaged in the corresponding mechanical equipment repair of hot working process (welding and heat treatment process planning and on-site technical services;
4) In material research units, such as metallurgical research institute, research institute of iron and steel, nonferrous metal research institute, casting research institute, research institute of welding, etc., is engaged in the research and development of new materials, new technology and new equipment, engaged in teaching and research work of metal materials in colleges and universities and secondary specialized school department of materials, in the relevant institutions of the department of mechanical engineering in metal technology teaching.
11. Similar Programs
Materials physics, materials chemistry, metallurgical engineering, metal material engineering, inorganic non metallic materials engineering, polymer material and engineering, materials science and engineering, composite materials and engineering, welding technology and engineering of gem and material technology, powder materials, renewable resources science and technology, rare earth engineering, nonwoven materials and engineering