Nano Materials and Technology program develops senior application-oriented specialized personnel equipped with relevant knowledge of polymer materials and engineering, biology and medicine and other fields, can be engaged in scientific research and solve engineering problems. Nanotechnology, information technology and biotechnology will become the three pillars of the social and economic development. Nano material is the basis of nano science and technology, functional nano material is the most dynamic of nanometer material science areas, and it will produce far-reaching influence on information, biotechnology, energy, environment, aerospace and other high-tech fields and has broad application prospects. The program mainly studies green preparation and scale of the environment nano materials.
2. Nanotechnology Applications
1) Clean the air
2) Sewage treatment
3. Nano TiO2
1) Degradation of harmful organic compounds in the air.
2) It can degrade organic phosphorus.
3) Use nano TiO2 photocatalytic technology to treat wool spinning dyeing wastewater, with the characteristics of capital saving, high efficiency, energy saving, and ultimately to make the organic compounds completely mineralize, there is no second pollution, which shows a good application prospect.
4). Nanometer TiO2 can degrade oil; solve the problem of oil pollution in the sea.
5). TiO2 can accelerate the degradation of municipal solid waste, so as to solve the pressure of a large number of domestic wastes to the urban environment.
6) Commonly used fungicides Cu, Ag can make the cell loss of activity, but the bacteria are killed and can release the heat and toxic components such as endotoxin. The photocatalytic property of nano TiO2 can not only kill the bacteria in the environment, but also can degrade the toxic compound released by bacteria simultaneously.
7) Nanometer TiO2 surface is super hydrophilic and super hydrophilic, so its surface has a self cleaning effect, that is, its surface is with anti fouling, anti fog, easy to wash, easy to dry and so on.
4. Training Requirements
The students mainly study the basic theory and basic skills of nano materials and technology, with the scientific theory, basic knowledge and strong practical skills of nano materials and technology.
5. Knowledge and Skills
1) Master the basic theories and knowledge of mathematics, physics and chemistry and so on;
2) Learn to understand the environmental nano materials, the preparation of green and scale, the structure of the environment for the detection of nano structures and devices, methods;
3) understand the properties and mechanism of nano materials and nano structures;
4) Research on the application of nano materials in the pollution control principles, technology and equipment research and development, nano materials, environmental effects and safety assessment, nano materials in energy saving and clean energy applications, etc.;
5) Familiar with the policies of nano materials and technology, laws and regulations of intellectual property rights of related technology;
6) Understand the latest trends in the development of nano materials and technology, theory and application prospects;
7) Master the technology and equipment of materials science, test methods and evaluation technology, and have the corresponding scientific research ability;
8) Have the ability to engage in scientific research and solve local problems in engineering.
6. Main Courses
Basic concepts and basic physical effect of nano materials, nano materials structure, size and morphology characterization technique, nano powder material preparation and surface modification, one-dimensional nano materials preparation, preparation of nano composite material, preparation of nanostructure materials, the physical properties and application of nano materials, the basic principle of nano electronic devices and micro machining technology, the latest progresses and developing trends of nano materials and nano technology.
7. Similar Programs
Inorganic non-metallic materials engineering, materials science and engineering, composite materials and engineering, polymer materials processing engineering, biological function materials, metal materials engineering, etc
8. Employment Prospects
Graduates are mainly engaged in related scientific research institutions, colleges and universities for scientific research, teaching, or engaged in the production of new materials, new product development and new technology process of high science and technology in the high-tech enterprises of electronic information, new energy, aerospace, instrumentation, bio medicine.