New Energy Materials and Devices are the key to realize the transformation and utilization of new energy sources and the development of new energy technologies. The focus is on the research and development of a new generation of high performance green energy materials, technologies and devices (such as the power supply of the communications, automotive, medical and other fields), the development of academic research directions of new energy materials (lithium ion battery materials, a new type of fuel cell materials and solar cell material). New energy technology is one of the most decisive influences in the development of the world economy in twenty-first century, which is one of the five fields of the world economy.
New energy materials and devices program mainly relies on the school of chemistry and chemical engineering, covering multi disciplines like energy science, material science, chemistry and crossing material, physics, chemistry, electronics, machinery and others, emerging program characterized with energy conversion and storage materials and device design, preparing engineering technology.
2. Training Objectives
The program trains specialized personnel in new energy materials who master the basic theory, basic knowledge and engineering technical skills of new energy materials program, master the new energy material composition, structure, performance testing technology and analysis method, understand the direction of the development of new energy materials science, with the basic capability of developing new energy materials, studying the new technology, enhancing and improving the material properties.
3. Knowledge and Ability
1) With solid basic knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry, mechanics, electronics and other disciplines; good humanities and social science foundation and the basic knowledge of management science;
2) Systematically master the basic knowledge and basic theory of the new energy materials, design and manufacture of new energy materials, the basic theory of the research and development of new materials, new technology;
3) Master the basic knowledge of new energy materials, new energy device design and preparation, processing and change, product performance testing and quality control, have the preliminary ability of correct choice and design of new energy materials and processing technology of new energy devices, new energy systems and engineering;
4) Obtain good engineering practice training, with the basic skills required by the program, such as drawing, design, calculation, testing, research, literature review, experiment and basic process operations, etc., with the basic ability to analyze and solve engineering problems;
5) With the necessary basic knowledge and skills of computer application;
6) With strong self-learning ability, innovative consciousness and high comprehensive quality, the courage to carry out exploration, development and application of new materials, new process, new technology;
7) Master the basic methods of document retrieval and data query, and have the ability of scientific research and practical work.
4. Major Courses
Introduction to new energy materials and devices, introduction to modern physics (quantum physics, statistical physics), solid state physics, semiconductor physics and devices, electrochemistry, thin film physics and technology, materials science and engineering, physical chemistry of inorganic materials and material physical properties of materials, research methods and modern testing technology, new energy materials design and preparation the new energy conversion and control technology, energy storage materials and technology, semiconductor silicon material, silicon based materials detection technology, chemical power design, chemical power technology, semiconductor lighting principle and technology, thin film technology and materials, solar cell technology and principle of solar power generation technology and system design and application of photovoltaic and battery components production the process, principle and application of photovoltaic inverter.
5. Similar Programs
Inorganic non-metallic materials engineering, metallurgical engineering, materials science and engineering, composite materials and engineering, welding technology and engineering, biological function materials, functional materials.
6. Employment Prospects
Graduates can be engaged in scientific research and teaching, technology development, process design and other aspects work in the field of new energy materials like chemical energy, solar energy and energy storage material, can also be engaged in the development, production and management of new energy materials and devices in communications, automotive, medical and other fields.