Seed Science and Engineering program trains senior application-oriented talents with the basic theory, basic knowledge and basic skills of plant breeding, seed processing and storage, seed quality testing, seed marketing and related fields, can be engaged in the seed science and engineering related programs for teaching and scientific research, popularization of technology and development, the production and business operation and management.
2. Main Subjects
Plant breeding principle, crop cultivation, topics in crop breeding, seed physiology, seed production, seed testing, seed processing and storage of seed management, cost accounting, public relations, promotion of agricultural science, international trade principle, marketing and so on
3. Main Courses
Botany, plant taxonomy, plant physiology and biochemistry, crop cultivation, seed biology, seed processing and storage, seed testing technology, seed production techniques, germplasm resources, seed management science, applied probability statistics (biometrics), simple genetic transfer, design in the field experiment, the theory of plant breeding and genetics etc.
4. Practice Teaching
Teaching practice, production practice, course design, graduation thesis (graduation design), scientific research training, and productive labor and farming operation, social practice, the general arrangement is not less than 30 weeks.
5. Training Objectives
The program trains senior application-oriented talents with the basic theory, basic knowledge and basic skills of plant breeding, seed processing and storage, seed quality testing, seed marketing and related fields, can be engaged in teaching and scientific research, technology promotion and development, production operation and management in the seed science and engineering related industries.
6. Training Requirements
Seed science and engineering program students are required to master the basic knowledge and theory of agricultural and biological science, accept the learning and training in the professional knowledge and skills of seed production, storage and processing, seed testing, business management, cost accounting, international commercial law, graduates can be engaged in teaching, scientific research and application development in the field of production and management, new plant variety selection and promotion, marketing and management of seed market.
7. Knowledge and Ability
(1) There is good basic theoretical knowledge of computer and mathematics, physics, chemistry.
(2) Master the basic theory and basic knowledge of seed science and seed management.
(3) With good skills and methods of seed production.
(4) Familiar with the relevant principles, policies and regulations of agricultural production, seed production.
(5) Master the basic methods of scientific literature retrieval and data query, and have certain scientific research and practical work ability.
(6) With a strong ability of research and decision-making, organization and management, oral and expressive, with independent access to knowledge, information processing and innovation of the basic ability.
(7) The ability of higher vocational education and teaching.
8. Employment Prospects
Seed science and engineering graduates can be engaged in the agriculture and seed industry, universities, scientific research relevant departments or units for teaching and scientific research, technology and design, promotion and development, management and administration.