Soil and Water Conservation and Desertification Control is an environmental ecological science, belonging to the crossing discipline of nature science, engineering, agriculture, water, forest, etc. The main subjects include soil and water maintaining engineering, geology and geomorphology, general botany, biology, environmental science and engineering, forestry. Its main task is to resolve to protect water and soil resources, improvement and rational utilization of the proposed key theoretical and technical problems, in the construction of ecological environment, ecological security and land and water resources development and protection; has a broad research and application field.
2. Training Objectives
Soil and water conservation and desertification control program cultivates senior engineering and technical personnel with the knowledge of biology, ecology, forest and pasture cultivation science, environmental science, water conservancy and water protection engineering, can be occupied in land resources, water resources, agriculture, forestry, environmental protection and other departments engaged in the planning and design of soil and water conservation and desertification control, construction and construction of forest ecological environment. Research direction: the restoration and management of degraded land; integrated management of small watershed; forestry ecological engineering.
3. Training Requirements
The students mainly study the basic theory and basic knowledge of biology, ecology, forest and pasture cultivation science, environmental science and engineering, hydraulic engineering, receive basic training in soil and water conservation and desertification control biological measures, engineering measures of planning, design, construction, management, with the basic ability of soil erosion and desertification monitoring, prevention and forest ecological environment construction.
4. Knowledge and Skills
1) Have solid theoretical knowledge of mathematics, physics and chemistry and so on;
2) Master the basic theory, basic knowledge of biology, forestry, environmental science and engineering, water conservancy engineering disciplines;
3) Master the conservation of water and soil, sand prevention, sand control design methods and monitoring and evaluation technology;
4) With the basic ability of applied biological measures and engineering measures and controlling water and soil erosion and desertification, and basic skills of forest ecological environment construction and management;
5) Familiar with the forestry, water and soil conservation and desertification control, ecological environment protection policies and regulations;
6) Understand the theoretical frontiers, application prospects and relevant international conventions for the prevention and control of soil and water conservation and desertification.
5. Main Subjects
Biology, environmental science and engineering, forestry
6. Main Courses
Soil and water conservation engineering, geology and geomorphology, general botany, environmental science, forest ecology, forest ecology, forest ecological engineering, botany, plant taxonomy, plant physiology, dendrology, conservation biology, measurement and remote sensing, soil science and geology, soil erosion, soil erosion and water dynamics, the principle of ecological environment construction planning, desertification, principle of hydraulics, hydrology and water resources, geographic environment, desertification monitoring, engineering mechanics, hydrology and water resources, surveying, soil and water conservation information management system, water and soil conservation projects, soil and water conservation planning, small hydraulic engineering, irrigation and water conservancy, etc.
7. Practice Teaching
Experiment, teaching practice, production practice, curriculum design, graduation thesis (design), the general arrangement is 25-30 weeks.
8. Similar Programs
Landscape, agricultural resources and environment
9. Employment Prospect
Program preparation for soil and water conservation for various enterprises or design institutes