Zhejiang Normal University

FAQ about Zhejiang Normal University (Jinhua), China

1. I really want to study at your University, but I can’t speak Chinese, can I be instructed in English?

Answer: The program is fully English medium program. 

2. How is the living standard in Jinhua city? What about the canteen in the University?

Answer: The living expense here is about 150 USD for your food per month. Three cafeterias of Zhejiang Normal University provide plenty of eating options to international students. The popular version “eating at Zhejiang Normal University” shows that the university is really a food gathering place.

3. How can I arrive in Jinhua city, the location of University?

Answer: Jinhua does not have an airport, but it can be reached easily by bus or train from the nearest major airports. When coming to Jinhua from other countries, most people will choose to fly in to Shanghai or Guangzhou. Hangzhou's Xiaoshan International Airport and Yiwu International Airport are even closer.

 4. Can you send a vehicle to take us from the local airport to the University?

Answer: The University offers a free airport pick-up service for new students at the beginning of each semester. The location for pick-up is at Shanghai Pudong International Airport and Hangzhou Airport. We will notify students of the pick-up date and time in their admission letters. Students must email their flight number and arrival date and time to us. Please note if a student does not arrive on the scheduled date and time of arrival, the University will not be able to provide pick-up service.

5. How can I exchange some Chinese currency for my pocket money when I just arrived in China? 

Answer: Students can exchange some Chinese currency in bank for shuttle/bus ticket fare and pocket money in big airport when they arrive in China. And students can buy telephone card from business counter in the airport to give international call and domestic call if students need. 

6. How are the transportation, telecom and internet in Jinhua City? 

Answer: there is one train station in Jinhua. There are convenient public facilities for telecom and internet, you can buy telecom card to call any time and there are lots of public internet clubs.

7. How is the climate in Jinhua City?

Answer: Jinhua has a humid subtropical climate with four distinctive seasons, characterized by hot, humid summers and chilly, cloudy and drier winters (with occasional snow). The mean annual temperature is 17.33 °C(63.2°F).

8. Can a student open a Bank Account? 

Answer: Yes, a student could open a bank account in his name to keep his surplus money safe. He could also use this account to have his family remit any additional money as required.

9. Is learning Chinese language compulsory? 

Answer: Even though the program is taught in English, but international students must study Chinese language according to Ministry of Education, China. Chinese language classes are just offered three times per week, and international students are required to pass the basic level. Besides, it will be helpful for students in daily life if they learn some Chinese language.

10. How is China’s Engineering Education in the world?

Answer: China is the largest producer of engineering graduates in the world.

11. How is China’s Business and Management Education in the world?

Answer: China has become the second largest economic entity, which has made China an influential role in the global economy.

12. What is the voltage used in China? 

Answer: The voltage here is 220 V. Converters and power strips may be purchased locally.

13. Useful public contact number in China:


Fire: 119

Police Station: 110

Time Report: 12117

Telephone Directory: 114

Telephone Repair: 112

Emergency Ambulance: 120

Earthquake Advisory Service: 2042691



The final information is subject to the University If there is any discrepancy!